Where to Begin?

Yeet sorry for not posting yesterday like I said I would do so here's an extra long-ish thingy instead

As Rey flew off from the broken battle scene and shattered sith lair her thoughts were focused only on the lifeless body with her. Ben was gone... but he can't be for long. As much as she didn't want to admit, she kinda needed him. They needed each other. Balancing each other out, helping each other discover themselves, her mind flashed back to some of the things he's said and done.

"Why didn't you take my hand?" That one sentence flashing over and over in her mind. Oh how she wanted to take his hand, but not Kylo's... Ben's... she thought of how he was lost, how he lost his way. She thought of all the things that have happened in her life recently. Especially the past 16 hours (a/n: I still can't believe all that happened in less than 16 hours) Everything changing. Her life a whirlwind. The only seemingly constant in the ever changing universe were her friends. Finn, Chewie, even Poe. But most of all Ben & Leia. Now with both of them gone the grief inside her built up and built up tears spilling from her cheeks as she headed back to the rebel base to reconcile with the group.

She flew on for what seemed like hours, glancing at Ben's lifeless body every once in a while, sighing loudly. "What should I do?" She thought to herself. "How can I bring him back?" She sat in the ever growing silence for a while. "Ah! Master Luke... the spirits of the fallen Jedi, they can interact with me, with the world. So if Ben..." she shook her head, "No... I stopped his body from becoming one with the force. He can't come back as a spirit."

Before she knew it she was back at the rebel base. Everyone was celebrating. Understandably. She should be celebrating too. It was all over, everything was okay, but the losses overcame her more so as she got out of the ship, —being careful to make sure Ben's body wasn't visible or exposed in fear of what her comrades would say,— she put on a fake smile, but falling on her cheeks, those were real. The tears were real.

She scanned the crowd for Finn and Poe. She got lost in it. Lost in the celebration. I'm the happiness and joy, it made her feel lighter too. But the heavy weight on her heart remained.

She gasped as she spotted Finn coming towards her, grinning from ear to ear. They locked each other in a tight embrace, along with Poe. Putting their petty squabbles aside for the love of each other, for the relief and joy of freedom. For each other. They all stood there, tears falling down as they hugged each other tightly.

When they finally let go, she let out a faint smile as she noticed the two men were still embracing each other with relief.

She cleared her throat. They awkwardly let go of each other and looked away. She laughed as she exclaimed "I'm so glad you're all okay."

"We're glad you're safe too! We almost thought you were a goner!" Finn said perhaps a little too loudly.

"Yeah... what happened to you anyways..?" Poe cautiously asked.

Rey recounted all the events that had passed after they split up, leaving out some of her interactions with Ben. Especially about the Or of them kissing, however she did tell them that he had died. Tears welling in her eyes but putting up the facade and stayed strong. She had to, for her friends. For the republic. For everyone.

The two men just sat there deep in thought, thinking of how crazy everything is, but glad it's finally over. Finn finally mustered our after an awkwardly long amount of silence, "so what now then...?"

*****

Rey was once again in the familiarity of Luke's X-Wing. A couple days had passed, she had left Ben's body in the ship for fear of someone coming across it she knew that this was the only safe space for it. Although his body was now covered with blankets in an effort to keep it preserved.

She felt kind of uncomfortable having a dead body in the ship. But she kept trying to convince herself that it wouldn't be dead for long. That Ben would be back. No matter what, or how, she would bring him back.

She didn't know what to do so she figured she'd start in the only way she knew how, visiting Luke's childhood home.

She knew his story, she knew his life. She knew it all. She knew Ben's story as well but knew it to be unfinished as it wasn't the end of his yet.

Determination filled her heart as she landed on the old and not very populous planet of Tatooine.

She grabbed the lightsabers as she got out, looking at them with fondness, of memory. She carefully wrapped them up in a cloth and sunk them down through a deep layer of the sandy surface and covered them, hoping no one would ever find them.

She met an old woman on a creature she could not recognize, but she kept that to herself. Having a small conversation with her, and ended it with introducing herself. She even shocked herself when she said "Rey Skywalker". But she knew she wanted more to be Rey Solo, however she wanted to keep the legacy of the Skywalker's living and felt more a part of their family rather than her own.

She went down into the home to explore. Hopefully to find some sort of clue of some kind. Searching desperately for something, for anything. Hours and hours had passed, both suns had set long ago, her hope fleeting and dissipating in the verge of giving up. She was just about to when she saw it.

Her eyes sparkled and gleamed as she found something she thought may be the most helpful of all to what she needed.

She mentally tried to communicate with Ben's spirit, soothing and telling him, if he were listening, "Don't worry Ben. I'm coming. I will save you. And I think I may have just found the way to do it so hold on. Please just hold on for me."