chapter 16 •TALES OF SUFFERING•

Começar do início

Emma swallowed guiltily, there is nothing she can do. A busted sinner, used to be an angel now crestfallen in the depths of hell.

All she wanted to do was go home.

______________

"Emma, my dear." Grandma says in her soft airy voice. Her features sporting a gentle smile.

The woman who probably aged older than her looks, she had that tight bun for her gray hairs. She approaches Emma with proudness glinting on her charcoal coloured orbs.

"Hello, Grandmother." Emma stops all her previous movements to bow at the older.

The older woman couldn't look more prouder than she does now.

Grandma does not see Emma as a human being nor person with rights, all Emma to her is a prized product. A materialized trophy for her final and most glorious show. A feast of a food.

Emma wanted to throw up.

"How was your day, my dearest?"

Because the other girls in the training room were a huge disappointment to Grandma and Emma is nothing short of unique, overvalued perhaps but the girl continues to surprise the older. If Grandma could raise Emma, mold her into someone better then surely ----Grandma proudly declares and quote---- She'll be the greatest of them all.

Yes, greater than Isabella who Grandma thought was the best one she had.

Grandma is more than confident to say that Emma worth serving to highest lord. Hell, the girl is even better than Grandma herself if it was not for her experience in her cursed life.

"It had been by far pleasant Grandmother, even better that you graced me of your presence." Emma gives the older her practiced closed eye smile as she shoves retorts down to her throat.

Grandma laughs a little and says, "You flatter me too much, my child."

Emma smiles.

"I enjoy your company and our chat as much as it lasts Emma." There was a pause as Grandma reaches out and cups Emma's soft cheeks.

The girl does not flinch or even react in the slightest, Grandma inwardly chuckled, her eyes twinkling, pleased that Emma had grown out of her childishness and grown to maturity.

"But our bussiness today is rather urgent and important, are you ready my child?" Grandma's other hand moves to Emma's head to caress those soft and silky sunset locks.

Ready? Emma inwardly spat a laugh. In this world, in her situation, there is no such thing as ready. If it's gonna happen then it's gonna happen.

Ready or not, Emma's last straw of sanity nodded at the woman whose bony fingers dragged her short hair, how she wanted to swat those away from her.

Let's see if an angel can indulge the cold peircing fires of hell with humans as devils.

__________________

Turns out, being worked on yourself is something Emma loathed.

Surgical tools and equipments surrounded the girl, there were tubes, big and small, short and long, lying on the corners of the white washed room. Her senses turned dull and all things in her visual is bland.

She stares bitterly at the white ceiling, biting back possible sobs.

Just like Sister Krone, she's gonna get that tiny bomb implanted right beside her beating heart.

This is it, another scar to keep. The only difference is that, it's one she could feel underneath her fingertips.

Being trained as a mama as well as a specimen who also works and experiments the other human beings, Emma could laugh at all these ridiculousness of her little cattle life.