XVI. spontaneous trip

Start from the beginning

"Are my black frocks okay with you?" she asked, wincing at her sentence structure. What would the man before her conclude? That Seraphina, an independent woman, gives a damn about what he likes about her or whatnot?

Goodness, gracious.

Shrugging, Zachary simply answered, "You look breathtaking in black, love,"

Seraphina quickly shifted her head to her clothes, her back facing her, her cheeks redder than ever.

Why in the hell is she blushing? Who cares if he said she looks breathtaking in black? And that he just called her 'love'?

Zachary, it seems like, is not oblivious of the reddening of her cheeks since Seraphina's picked up the sound of his chuckle in which she chose not to comment about.

'Less talk, less mistakes,' is what kept on rambling around her mind.

After Seraphina is done with her clothes, she then writes a letter to the Headmistress, lying that she needs to go back to her aunt in Avebury and be back in three days.

By the time they are ready to flee, the classes downstairs have already begun.

Truth be told, Seraphina's heart was hammering, she was, indeed, paranoid, terrified that any minute now, someone will catch sight of them.

Imagine the scandal of seeing them, fingers intertwined (without any gloves, can you imagine), Zachary clutching both their carpet bags, as they stormed off the boarding school, unalarmed.

From a different perspective, they certainly look as if they're eloping to Scotland

Seraphina let out a relieved sigh, Zachary smirking as soon as they mounted the carriage, meters away from the establishment.

Blushing, Seraphina quickly snatched her hand from Zachary, however, Zachary persisted, causing him to grip her hand firmly (sans hurting his beloved, 'course)

Goodness gracious, the whole time they were walking, starting from fleeing her chamber, their hands were intertwined.

Pray that not a single soul caught sight of them.

Not long after their journey to Colchester began, the rain started to pour once again, bringing such chill to both particularly our heroine.

Seraphina slept, wrapped around a cloak Zachary managed to retrieve for her but little does she know, her head was resting on his chest, her cheek brushing against his velvet shirt, her ungloved hand encircled around his abdomen, snoring, causing Zachary to chuckle.

Alternating from nuzzling her cheek against his chest and the space between his head and shoulder which only proves how one should have patience when sleeping with her, tell you what, Seraphina was sitting in his lap, cornering him.

Throughout the journey, Zachary kept wincing, adjusting her position in his lap for she unconsciously kept brushing her knee and the side of her bum to particular sensitive anatomy of his.

"You surely are the death of me, love," muttered Zachary as he once again, adjusted her leg into a, let's say, less scandalous position but can still ruin such a good reputation for her.

Possibly scaring potential suitors, frankly speaking, that idea sits well with him but Zachary knew better for he is still a work in progress.

And so, Zachary, at the feel and sight of their position was tormented, however, our dear sleepy heroine kept straddling back to his lap with such unladylike posture.

Imagine the horror if Seraphina realized what in the hell she is doing right now.

Zachary, meanwhile, it seems like, did not dare to even blink an eye, his arm wrapped around her shoulder, supporting her not to fall due to the presence of road lumps, eyes shifting between the beautiful sleeping girl in his arms and a book which he can't focus on much.