Sakuma Ritsu - Bad for my Heart

A/N: this story is an AU where the reader (or Anzu) is childhood friends with ritsu and mao :3

~~~

You've known Mao and Ritsu since you were kids and lived right beside the two. The three of you went to the same elementary school but went to different middle and high schools. However, since you transferred to Yumenosaki's brand new producer course, you were able to walk to school with Ritsu and Mao like you did in the past.

You were happy to hear that you would be studying in the same school as your childhood friends again. In fact, you were thrilled to be able to spend more time with Ritsu. You've always felt jittery around him ever since you started high school, but after a year, you finally realised you liked the self proclaimed vampire. However you never thought to confess as you were too afraid it would affect the friendship you've built with him and Mao over so many years. Furthermore, the fact that he was so touchy with Mao and you was not helping your case.

"Morning Mao-kun!" you chirp across the gate as you step out of your house.

"Morning Anzu! Come on we have to hurry and wake Ritsu up before we're late..." Mao nervously laughs, remembering the time when three of you were late and got lectured by Keito and Kunugi-sensei after.

The two of you walk to the Sakuma house just opposite and open the door to his house, revealing a dimly lit area as a result of all the curtains being drawn.

You climb the stairs to Ritsu's room and burst through his door, pulling the curtains open to let sunlight into his dark room. "Rise and shine Ritsu-kun! It's a brand new day so get up!"

"An-chaaan, Maa-kuuun go awaaay" the ravenette mumbles. Mao could only shake his head at Ritsu pulling his blanket further over his head.

You and Mao share a knowing glance, as you both walk to either side of his bed, grabbing his blanket and pulling it off the sleeping male.

"Aghh the sun... it's too bright..." the male grumbles, suddenly grabbing onto the sleeve of your blazer, causing you to fall on him. You immediately feel warmth rising to your cheeks due to the close proximity between you and the male.

Mao notices your discomfort and attempts to pry Ritsu's hands off of you. "Woahhh there Ritsu don't go casually hugging Anzu like that, that's sexual harassment."

Finally opening his blood coloured optics, he pouts "Maa-kun~ An-chan~ none of you are using our nicknames~"

Since young, the three of you always referred to each other with nicknames, but when high school started, that habit stopped and only Ritsu will continuously bug the two of you to use the old nicknames.

After several attempts, Mao successfully pulled you out of Ritsu's grasp, "Fine An-chan, you can go downstairs while I try to get Rit-chan changed."

You nod your head, cheeks still warm from earlier as you proceed downstairs to let Mao help Ritsu change.

~~~

You twirl your pen in an attempt to entertain yourself while the teacher drones on. That, and to distract yourself from thinking about how close Ritsu was this morning when he hugged you.

Ritsu tends to casually grab and hug Mao and you, in fact when you were kids you would do the same to the both of them. The three of you would always squeeze onto a bed and sleep together while hugging each other. But ever since you developed your stupid crush you could no longer hug Ritsu like you did back then without getting flustered. This happened quite often when Ritsu would just cling onto you like he does to Mao, and you would start to get flustered until Mao would pull Ritsu's hands off you, reminding the older male that it was basically sexual harassment.