"Chit ste going gon hir?" (What is going on here?) Nova questions, rather concerned considering the girl is chained up to the wall. A scowl forms on Lincoln's face as he grabs Nova's arm and pulls her around the corner, away from the injured girl on the floor, most likely because he doesn't want her to hear them speaking in English.

   The scowl almost disappears from Lincoln when they're away from the girl, his expressions relaxing a little. "Go home, Nova."

   "No. Not until you tell me what you're doing here," she asserts and she crosses her arms, while Lincoln huffs at her response because he knows all too well that Nova's too stubborn to leave without answers.

   "I found her at the bottom of a hill. She'd fallen, got concussion and badly injured her leg, so I'm helping her. That's all. I don't want to think about what our people would've done if they found her instead of me."

   Nova believes him. She has no reason not to. He's the most caring person she's met whilst on the ground, but the girl he's captured may not see it that way. She's clearly from the dropship that came from the Ark, so she's not accustomed to how Grounders work, which explains the frightened look plastered across her face.

   "Look, I know you're only trying to help, but she doesn't see it like that. Her people won't see it like that either, Lincoln. They don't understand our ways and they're just going to think that you've captured her. I don't know if this is a good idea, despite the fact that you have good intentions."

   "I'll be fine, Nova. I know how to defend myself, okay?" Lincoln nods, reassuringly, but that still doesn't ease the nerves festering in Nova's stomach. "Now, go back home before Indra realises you're gone."

   Raising her eyebrows, Nova's mouth drops a little in shock as she breathes a laugh. "Wait, how do you know about that?"

   "Word gets around."

   Nova rolls her eyes. "Yeah, it always does when it's about me."

   Lincoln laughs, bringing light to the situation as he brings her in for a hug. He will always remain like a brother to Nova because he's helped her through so much and allowed her to feel like Trikru is her home, despite what other people may think. She's got immense gratitude and admiration towards him, and she can only hope to become half the person he is.

━━━━━━━✿━━━━━━━

   By the time Nova wakes up the next morning, people are already outside her tent causing a scene about something new. She brushes her hair quickly and makes herself look more presentable before heading out. People are crowding around the tree that centres the village, looking down at something on the floor and shouting rather aggressively at it. Nova rushes over to the chaos, only to be shocked at what she finds. A boy from the dropship cowers at the bottom of the tree, evidently distressed and overwhelmed. His clothes are dirty and ripped, with spots of dried blood covering his face.

The people from Nova's village are becoming increasingly hostile with the boy, intimidating him by shouting in Trig, a language that he's never heard before. She knows she's not going to prove her loyalty to those that don't like her, but she feels compelled to help the boy, or at least try to.

Nova shoves past the crowd with her elbows and stands in front of the boy, almost trying to shield him from everyone else. "Hod op! Em does nou understand our sleng en yu ste scaring him!" (Stop! He doesn't understand our language and you are scaring him!)

"Yu ste nou monin hir either!" (You are not welcome here either!) It's comments like these that make Nova's blood boil, but she stays calm this time, which is unusual considering she's known for being hot-headed when defending herself or her friends, focusing on the situation at hand rather than someone else's personal problem with her.