Chapter 1 - Emmeline

Dutch Van der Linde rode through the deserted streets St

Dutch Van der Linde rode through the deserted streets St. Denis. It was midnight. The dimly lit street lamps flickered, as the riders headed towards the outskirts of the town.

"What exactly are we doing here at this time of night," Arthur Morgan, asked his mentor. The other riders, Javier Escuella, John Marston and Bill Williams, were curious as well.

"We're paying someone a call," Dutch chuckled.

"Ya mean we're robbing someone?" Arthur replied.

Dutch hummed, "not exactly son, not exactly!"

The riders approached a large house, on the outskirts of the city. It was surrounded by wrought iron fencing and a large double gate.

The two guards on the inside, were carrying rifles, but no side arms.

As Dutch approached the gate, one of them stepped forward.

"This is private property and you should leave," he grunted.

Dutch drew his revolver, "and unless their payin' you enough to die for, I would let us in, and head home."

the two guards glanced, at each other, then at the five men.

The both leant the rifles against the brick pillars that supported the gates, and opened them.

"Good decision, gentlemen. Now don't do anything foolish, like contacting the constabulary, will you?" Dutch warned

The men shook their heads, and scuttled off into the darkness.

"Mr Escuella, Mr Williamson, stay here and make sure we're not disturbed." Dutch commanded, "John, Arthur, you're with me."

Dutch strode into the front doors, closely followed by Arthur and John.

He glanced around the sumptuous interior, and headed for the large staircase, which lead to the upper level. After opening several doors, he finally found what he was looking for, and walked into the master bedroom.

"What the hell are you doing in my house? How did you get past security?" The man in the bed growled. His wife gripped onto her husbands arm, nervously.

"You should pay your security more, Mr McKenzie. They don't appear to be very loyal!" Dutch scoffed.

"What the hell do you want," McKenzie growled.

Dutch smirked, "I understand you have a daughter!"

Dutch glanced at Arthur, "go and find the delightful Miss McKenzie, son and bring her here."

Mrs McKenzie stared in horror, "Please, please don't hurt my daughter!" She begged.

"Don't worry Mrs McKenzie, if you all do as your told, no one needs to get hurt!" Dutch concluded.