I want to rip my hair off my head.
Why is it so difficult to pronounce?

I let out a deep breath and crack my knuckles for my second attempt.

I knee down and hold ring pop candy up at Cayden's picture and clear my throat.

"Will you Hate me. No tape me. No make me. Nooooo mate me. Ahhhh i can't say it!"

I meant D-A-T-E!
Why is this so complicated?

"You know what? Just merry me. I meant M-m-"

"MOM!!! WHAT the hell are you doing here!" I yelp in surprise placing a hand on my chest and quickly getting up to shoot her death glares while she is suffocating from oxygen deprivation while laughing on my face.

"Isn't that -" my eyes go wide as she points towards the picture behind me.

"NOOOOO!" I cut her off and quickly grab the photo before shoving it in my pocket.

Okay I may have carefully folded it instead of shoving it in my pocket.

"Why were you on one knee. That's the boy's part don't you think?"

"I was only tying my shoelaces mom" I lie through gritted teeth.

"Ohh Amy how many times do I have to tell you Not to lie when you don't know how to" she says while ruffling my hair.

"I'm not Lying-" I say while taming my hair back how it was.

"And I'm Heidi Klum" she deadpans.

I roll my eyes at that.

"I don't what to sound like a detective mother...but who is the lucky boy?" she wiggles her eyebrows.

"Mommmmm-"

"Alright alright, no more questions. But really how does he look lik-? "

"mom"

"Do I know him?"

"Momm"

"ohh is he as handsome as Brad pit?"

I cringed at that.

"Mommm"

"Can i meet my future son-in-law?"

"MOMMMMM!!!!"

"Teens and their mood swings nowadays. Wait. Are you pregnant?"

"MOM!!! " i wail.

"Geez! Calm down satan. I'm leaving" she says as strolls towards the door, closing it behind her.

"pfew that was close " i let out a deep breath once she's gone and carefully take out the folded picture of Cayden out of my pockets.

I jump slightly making the picture fall down as I hear the door crack open with mom's head poking inside.

"Oh Amy, I just wanted to tell you that I'm so proud of you. My daughter finalky grew up" she sniffs and wipes a fake tear dramatically.

I roll my eyes at that.

"Now you can carry on with tying your 'shoelaces' " she puts air quotes at the word 'shoelaces'.

"And if you need any tips -"

"No." i slam the door shut on her face.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _

I stand in front of the door and take a deep breath before knocking on it only to find it slightly cracked open.

I poke my head in to find no one inside but i could still hear faint voices.

"Shh. Its her" i hear whispers