“When does it start?” I asked, as I picked up my suitcase, following Aerial out of the airport.

                “In ten minutes.” She simply said, as we entered the airport’s parking lot.

                I frowned. “But, how are we going to make it in time?”

                Aerial gave me a smile. “We’ll manage.”

                I had to admit that I completely underestimated Aerial as a driver. She may look like one of those safe drivers, who are always fussing at everyone if they go a mile over the speed limit. But, she was a hell of a dangerous driver.

                “How the hell did you even pass your driver’s test?” I asked, horror plastered on my face as she went twenty miles well over the speed limit.

                She laughed, as she rolled the windows down. The wind immediately entered the car, tossing Aerial’s long, wavy hair behind her head. “I’m not horrible. I mean, you should see how Hayden drives.”

                I chuckled, remembering the last time I was in Hayden’s car. He was the worst driver I’ve ever met to this day. I solely remember him even going as far as letting go of the steering wheel to get a bag of chips from the back seat of his car.

                The two of us were lucky that we didn’t die that day.

                “We’re here.” Aerial finally said, as we parked in front of a bakery that’s been in town ever since I was a little kid. I remember that this place was known for making the state’s best cake.

                We entered the bakery, as a whiff of sweet cookies and cupcakes filled my nose. My stomach immediately grumbled, as I realized that I hadn’t eaten anything during my plane trip back.

                “Alex!” Hayden suddenly called out, as I felt a pair of strong arms around me.

                I scrunched up my nose with disgust, as I pushed Hayden off. He had a wide grin across his face, and I couldn’t help but smile. “You’re still an idiot, Hayden.” I said, giving him a shove on the shoulder.

                Hayden ignored my sarcastic insult, as he grinned, patting my on the back. “Man, I’ve missed you!”

                I finally let out a chuckle. I was about to open my mouth to say something back, but Damian’s voice interrupted us.

                “Montgomery!” Damian grinned, opening his arms out to give me a friendly pat on the back. “Man, I was wondering when you were going to come!”

                I pulled away from Damian, giving him a smirk. “Congrats on you and Clarice, man.”

                “Thanks.” Damian chuckled, as I pounded my fist against his, something we always did back in high school.

                Suddenly, a round man wearing a white chef’s hat came from the back of the bakery. His hair was just turning a salt and pepper shade, and he had a thick mustache.

                “Damian,” the baker smiled warmly at Aerial and I, “who are you buddies?”

                Damian stepped right in, putting an arm around Aerial and I. Aerial, who was on the other side of Damian, turned flush red, as she hid behind her curtain of hair. “This is my wife’s maid of honor, Aerial.” Damian ruffled up Aerial’s hair, much to her dismay. “And this is Alex, one of my groomsmen.”