𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

Start from the beginning

  This must have been where the party I heard about earlier at school was being held. I hadn't been invited, of course, because I hung out with Ethan, Benny, and Rory, but I'd heard whispers about it. I just didn't know who was throwing it.

Jesse drove up to the garage on the side of the house and put his car in park, then shut off the ignition. "The party starts at 11, but right now it's just my friends and I." He turned towards me and let out a deep breath as he grabbed strands of my hair that were covering my neck and softly pushed them back. My heart rate began to pick up for the hundredth time of the night. It seemed Jesse was capable of doing that to me. "There's gonna be a feeding at midnight."

I nearly choked on my spit and cleared my throat. "What does that mean?" I muttered worriedly. I wasn't keen on being bitten again, but if I had to... I'd rather it be Jesse, I suppose. I hoped I wouldn't be offered to anyone else.

Why'd I have to be attracted to toxic men?

"I'm hoping that means I can have a bite, Ella," he answered huskily. I gulped and looked out of the window next to me, into the dark forest. "I promise the first time is the worst. It only gets better after that."

"What do you mean?" I turned my head back toward him with curiosity.

He paused and and a knowing smile crept onto his face. "You'll... know... when you experience it." Before I could ask how he even knew this information, he cut me off. "Now let's go inside, hmm?"

  I nodded and mentally braced myself for what was to come. We both got out of the car and shut our doors, and when I walked over to him, towards the front door, he grabbed me by the waist, pulled me against him, and got close to my ear. "You look fucking exquisite, by the way," His words and his touch made goosebumps appear all over and I shivered at my body's response. I felt his lips graze over my ear and I quickly thanked him, wanting to go inside before I let him do something to me that I would probably regret later.

  When we got into the house, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when I saw Erica, sitting on the couch with the rest of Jesse's friends. It made me feel better to have someone I knew was human in the room, although I knew she was vampire-obsessed and would let anyone turn her in a second.

  "Ella!" Erica shrieked and ran over to me right as Jesse went over to greet his friends. "OMG, can you believe how hot this is?" She pushed her glasses up on her nose and glanced over at the vampires sitting around the living room.

  "Yeah, totally..." I nervously laughed and nodded in hesitant agreement. Jesse glanced over at me and scowled, and I cleared my throat and adjusted how I was standing. He made me nervous. "Yeah, It's definitely hot."

  Erica looked behind me with a quizzical glance. "So where's Sarah?" She pointed to Jesse, "Are you like, with him now?" As weird as that question felt, and as weird as this situation was, I still felt a tinge of jealousy. Jesse cleared his throat and came back over to me, wrapping his hand that wasn't holding a drink around my hips.

  "Who cares about Sarah anymore?" Jesse laughed. "I just want her for... business purposes." And by 'business purposes', I knew that he wanted her to be in his group of vampires. If what he said was true about a feeding tonight, I knew he was more than likely looking to expand his 'gang.' What if that's all he felt for me?

Jesse could hear my heartbeat quicken because of my thoughts and the conversation at hand because he tightened his grasp on me and swirled circles into my side with his thumb as if he were trying to calm me. I was a little confused but didn't show it. I just kept on smiling a fake smile for Erica to see.

  Erica sighed and nodded. "Well, I think you should at least apologize to Sarah, what if you hurt her feelings?"

  Jesse chuckled and took a sip of his drink. "Trust me, Erica. She hates me." He sighed and walked me over to the couch, away from her and that awkward conversation. There wasn't enough room on the couch for more than one person, but he didn't seem to mind. He sat down, and I opened my mouth to protest, but he wasn't bothered. Before I could say something, he reached up, grabbed my waist, and pulled me onto his lap. My eyes widened and I put my face into my hands to hide my blush.

  I could hear Jesse laugh under his breath and he sat up to whisper in my ear, "Be a good girl, little one."

  And that I would be.

= • =

well. i kinda abandoned this, huh?

i'm sorry for leaving you hanging guys. for over a year 😐 i'll try to be better, my life just got busy. and it still might be after this. i'm in my senior year of high school, i'm wrapping things up. and i have a job.

i hope you guys liked this chapter, thanks for all the votes and comments and support! i certainly enjoyed writing this chapter ;) lemme know what you guys think.

-kenna

finished writing febuary 22nd, 2021 (unknown time)
first update published september 20th, 2023 @ 2:36am