I quickly brought my knees up to chest, which worsened my pain greatly. I could already feel my blood rushing through my reopened wounds again. I yelped, tears quickly escaping my eyes. I cried for a few good minutes, already realizing I was done for. My bag with my knife, matches, and a few other things that would help me contact the SF were all gone.

After a few more minutes of crying, I began to feel even more paranoid. I muffled my cries with my hand and listened. I heard footsteps come closer. Feeling my survival instincts kick in, I wiped the tears out of my eyes and tried to stand up in an instant without even bothering to look at the person. I leaned against the wall to support myself, or at least tried to, but I fell down before I could even take the first step away from whoever.

"Dammit!" I screamed through tears; besides, moving caused pain all over my body once more. I tried to stand up again, but someone had grabbed my shoulder and pushed me down hard. I grunted and covered my face once I hit the ground. I mumbled pleads and prayers whilst crying harder. Whoever growled and go ton his knee in front of me. I grabbed my legs, which were against my chest, and pushed them down. I removed my arms away from eyes, just to see who it was.

A tarkatan! And I knew this one...Baraka. The general. I curse in my head, expecting to be raped o killed ruthlessly. But instead, he grabbed bandages from nowhere and brought his hand to my knee. I averted my gaze over to my knee; a piece of glass was in it. I didn't even realize it, somehow. The general tarkatan pulled out the piece of glass easily, making blood squirt out. I whimpered, squishing myself closer into the wall, as if it would help me get away from Baraka.

"Stay still," Baraka hissed. I whimpered once more as he began to bandage my leg. I tried to keep in my whimpers and cries, but I couldn't help but cry louder. With all this pain, fear, and anxiety pumping through my veins I couldn't help it. Maybe he figured out who I was, because of what was in that satchel. Then, knowing I was a spy, he would take to Shao Kahn and I would be forced to fight until I die. 

I hadn't even noticed Baraka had bandaged every wound on my leg, for I was too busy imagining being beat to death. Then, I felt a finger pressed against my lips. I opened my eyes, my vision too blurry to see the face of the general clearly. But I know he had some....sympathy. He looked genuinely worried. 

He grabbed my arms and bandaged then one by one. After a few minutes, my crying stopped and I could see him now. Savage is all I thought. But this? This was gentle; mild; caring; almost loving. Once that was done, he took off a short, kimono thing he was wearing. He threw it over me, which confused me.

"Cover up," he demanded. I cussed at myself mentally for following his orders and nodded as I put on the short black kimono, tying the straps under my chest. I whimpered, staring up on him....Yeah. There's nothing murderous about his expressions. But why?

Then, he picked my up bridal style. I yelped as he wrapped his arms around me. I mentally screamed at myself for being so naïve and unsuspecting, but this kind of care from a tarkatan was unheard of. I had two thoughts rushing through my head: Will he be the reason I die, why did he help me? The next day, I would have this answered.

I must have fallen asleep in his arms, for I don't remember awakening in a sleeping chamber. I, author-chan, doesn't know where Tarlatans sleep! just pretend the general has a room! I was alone in a small bed, cold. I later figured out this bittersweet room belonged to general. The room wasn't bad, I guess. It consisted of swards, shields, battle-axes, heads, blood, other limbs, a bed, a dresser, nightstand, and many torches for lighting. Not that bad.

 By the time I woke up, I remember being terrified. I didn't know where I was or why some of my wounds magically healed. Hint, hint, magically healed. I covered my form with the red, damp covers to keep me from the coolth. I looked around the room, whimpering silently as tears threatened to fall once more. Everything from yesterday flooded my mind. Did the Tarkatan general take me somewhere? For what? I noticed a F/C kimono on the opposite side of the bed.

The kimono had S/F/C straps and flowers here and there for design. My eyes lit up, confused. That wasn't for a male. So, was it for me? I was hesitant to get out of bed, and my first step off the bed made me shiver. My legs were sore, but I refused to look at it. I tottered around for a few seconds, then regained balance. I stumbled over to the other side of the bed to put on the kimono, taking off the damp black top I was wearing. 

The silky outfit felt so soft and comfortable, it made me almost want to fall asleep again. It fit perfectly! And it was my favorites colors. But the suspicion slipped my mind before I could even recognize it, for I heard footsteps outside the door.

I felt my heart drop and I turned my head, watching at the wooden and armored door opened with a loud sound of scraping metal at the bottom. I noticed white marks on the stone ground, showing where the metal on the door scrapped.

And there he was- the general. Standing at 6'5 feet tall. And here I am, Y/H; already intimated by his height. I worked for SF, dammit! After all those years of training and keeping calm, why has the appearance of a creature which you've killed many of scare you? You panicked as the creature breathed in and out deeply. He just stared at you. You stared directly into his eyes.

He's extremely easy to read. He doesn't even bother to hid it. After a few seconds of staring, the non-existent tension broke me. My legs collapsed as I fell to the stone, cold ground. I started crying, begging to stay alive and not get hurt. I started apologizing, just crying out sorries. Due to all my drama, I didn't even hear the general close the door and walked towards me. 

My hands were glued to my face, covering my eyes and wiping tears that fell violently. Suddenly, my wrists were grabbed roughly, but not enough to hurt me, and pulled down slowly from my face. I looked up at the creature as he brought his forehead to mine. I don't know why, but this act made by face heat up a lot. 

Like a boy who just hit puberty, suddenly everything about him felt...different. It felt a flame was lit inside my heart. I whimpered, blushing more as I closed my eyes. I wiped the tears from my eyes as he pulled away.

"W-Why did you d-do this?" I stuttered, barely having the confidence to breath. He stayed silence for a seconds.

"You reminded me of someone," he spoke, his voice sounding hoarse. "And I couldn't resist you," He continued, making my face even brighter than before, somehow. I smiled, holding in a giggle. I played with my hair while looking down, liking his calm gaze on me. Dammit, I thought. Was I in love?

I felt his hand reach behind my head, his finger intertwining with my hair. I smiled more, leaning onto him. I wrapped my arms around his large torso. He continued playing with my hair, quiet. No growling, nothing. The room was calm and quiet. 

He wrapped one around my waist, holding me close. The general rested his head on mine. We cuddled like this for a long time. . .

-------

My homie, Yeetis, I'm sorry the ending was bad. Hissssssss.