Chapter 46 - Yule Shopping in the other alleys

Start from the beginning

As soon as the jewelry was done Rosalie and her family went to go to the next alley. This alley was attached to the opposite end of Ancient alley that Diagon alley and Knockturn alley were attached to. It was called Celestial alley. Celestial alley was famous for having beautiful homes for those who were not Lords and Ladies and did not live in manors. I t also had restaurants for the rich and famous, anyone else would not be able to go there because of how expensive it is, however it also sold some if the most obscure books to ever exist. The book stores were the reason Rosalie and her family wanted to go there. This was the alley Remus and Percy were most excited to go to. They decided to separate to make it quicker, so Rosalie, along with the twins and Draco went off to find more presents. Rosalie knew she was going to be spending a lot of money as she was planning on getting books for nearly all of her friends. The first shop they went into was called Herbology and Agriculture. This store not only had every book on Herbology that you could think of it also sold rare magical plants from al over the world. Here Rosalie was planning on buying things for Neville. He had recently told Rosalie that he wanted to learn more about plants in different countries as although he knew some plants from different countries he wanted to know so much more. So she decided to buy him a book about plants for every continent. Which she saw immediately, as they were on a large boo case on the back wall if the store. Above the book case on the wall it said 'Around the World'. She picked up books on plants in Africa, Australia and Asia, as they were huge and it would take him a while to get through all of the books, she would get the other continents another time. Next she went over to the plants. She wanted to get him something unique and that he was unlikely to have ever seen before, which didn't actually give her many options. It took her awhile to decide, until she spotted a plant at the very back. It was sitting in a bowl of water. It looked a lot like seaweed, swaying gently in the water, however it was rainbow coloured and seemed to have grey tentacles coming out of it. A shop assistant came over to her to see what plant she was looking at. "Ah, that particular plant was taken out of the sea, known as the arctic ocean. It is called an octopius, not much is really known about it, although we have figured out the tentacles have a mind of their own and are able to grow back" he said smiling at Rosalie softly. This plant sounded very interesting and she was sure that Neville would love it. Altogether it cost 50 galleons and 5 sickles. As soon as the items were bagged and secure Rosalie called Diddy to take the items home and to be very careful.

After that Rosalie and the twins and Draco went to a store called Rare and Unique, this was a book store that had books that nowhere else in the country had, so the items were very valuable. Rosalie decided that this was the best store to get books on common subjects as it was unlikely that they had seen the books before. The store was filled with light and smelled like ink and new books, It was small but well stocked. Rosalie was getting presents for Draco, who walked off as soon as they entered to find books on Blood magic, Daphne, Pansy, Susan and Greg. As soon as she entered Rosalie saw the books on the different magical communities around the world. It was something that Pansy was fascinated with, she loved learning about how everyone lived and what they ate or wore, so Rosalie knew what to buy her as soon as she saw it. There was six books on the subject, but only one really stood out, it was called around the world and it was quite small, but Pansy was never a really big reader so Rosalie thought it would be perfect for her. Next Rosalie went to look for books on dueling, which she found fairly quickly, along with the self defence books, the dueling book was easily picked, it was called duel to perfection, which sounded exactly like a book Draco would want. The self defence books were right next to the dueling books and had 3 books on the subject, the book Rosalie chose was called Protect yourself and it was about how to use magic in fighting without using your wand, however it was only to be used in self defence. This book was for Susan who wanted to be just like her Aunt but needed to be able to defend herself to do so. The books on rare magical creatures were at the back of the store, there were quite a few of them compared to the other subjects, about 30, so Rosalie had a hard time choosing a book for Greg, but in the end she chose a book called creatures you didn't know existed. For some odd reason warding and potions were next to each other, which didn't make sense to Rosalie but she wasn't going to complain as they were the last two books she needed. A book called wizarding wards was the book she chose for Daphne as it was the largest and looked like it would have the most information. There was only two books on potions, called dangerous potions and the craziest potions ever invented. Rosalie decided she was going to buy both, one for Draco, the craziest potions ever invented, and the other for Snape, dangerous potions. With that finally over she walked to the counter to pay. The man behind the counter had fluffy brown hair and large brown eyes, he looked young and excitable like he had to much energy. The books cost 20 galleons each so altogether it cost 140 galleons for the seven books she bought. The twins had been standing awkwardly by the door while Rosalie and Draco shopped so they looked so relived when both of them strolled to the door to leave, they hated being inn book stores, just as much as they hated reading.