Chapter 02 | Stay with Me

Start from the beginning

I hate violence.

Even though, I am the one who usually starts raging.

God knows how it hurts me to see her like that. It feels like I was slowly getting tortured. I didn't want her to leave me.

When I returned back home; Kasuka was lying down on the sofa, staring at the ceiling and he was hugging his favorite pillow, "You miss her, don't you?" He asked blankly; Kasuka has a huge crush on Hikaru but he keeps it a secret.

I know that because I'm his older brother. I know his moves; I know almost everything about him. He was also afraid of losing her; the two of us didn't want this to happen. We don't want her to leave us.

"I--yes," I growled coldly, clenching my fists tightly, "I didn't want her to leave Ikebukuro!" My eyes fluttered close, I wanted to calm down. I don't want to hurt anybody.

That day, I saw how important Hikaru was to Kasuka. It was the first time, I saw him with that kind of expression. His eyes were all widen and his body was giving up. His heart screams out her name but decided to keep it in for himself. It was rare. Kasuka's first love is Hikaru and so is m---

" Me too... I didn't want Hikaru-chan to leave." Kasuka murmured under his breath. He sat down and rubbed his eye, "I'll miss her, brother."

My body was frozen; I can't say the things I want to tell him. It's my fault. It's my fault she's leaving Ikebukuro.

I'm sorry, Kasuka.

I went to the refrigerator to get us two bottles of milk. It was cold, like how we wanted it. I returned to the living room and settled down with Kasuka. I patted his back and gave him the bottle of milk.

It was heart trenching.

I can't tell him the truth.

He'll hate me.

But it has been 11 years, I am sure that my brother, Kasuka has moved on. Lucky him.

The following days, I would still wait for her to come back. I would wait at the train station for hours but alas, all my hours waiting were a complete waste.

So I eventually gave up on her.

I dyed my hair blonde, it was suggested by Tom. Tom told me that probably Hikaru was living her dream, so when Hikaru comes back, I'll be ready. I'm a new man.

Hikaru and Kasuka are the only people in the world, I know, who are not afraid of me.

And that's why I lo-- her.

She didn't give me that horrifying glare or that scared face. She always has that innocent look on her face.

Now that she's back in Ikebukuro, it scares me that the feelings from before might come back. But no one can love me...

They're afraid of me.

***

After a hot shower, Shizuo wrapped a towel around his waist. His sexy hipbones were slightly showing off and his masculine body was oh-so-sexy, and let's not forget that abs of his. Good thing, Hikaru is asleep, she might suffer heart attack when she sees this.

He returns to the living room to check her, his body was still dripping wet, but still not minding it. He brushed his wet hair backwards, putting a hand on his hip, "Tch, are you still alive?" He murmured under his breath.

Hikaru was getting chilly; her hand was searching for a blanket to cover her cold body. Instead of a warm fluffy blanket, she held on to Shizuo's underwear and since it can't cover her whole body; she hugged it.

She. Hugged. Shizuo's. Dirty. Underwear.

Last time, Shizuo did his laundry was two weeks ago.

Shizuo's cheeks painted red as heat rushed up to his cheeks, "H-hey! Don't hug that!" He exclaimed trying to retrieve his dirty underwear. He tried pulling it but it was just stretching, Hikaru's grip was too tight.

She whimpered softly, "Mnnh...Stop."

Shizuo blushed two times harder when he heard that small whimper coming out of her mouth. He couldn't take it so he let her have the dirty underwear by letting it go.

Regrettably, the underwear was stretched too much so it smacked back to her face, hitting her nose, "Ouch!" She groaned in pain.

She sat down and stretched her arms and legs but her eyes were still close. Her eyes opened slowly but it was still adjusting.

Out of the corner of her eye, she was surprised to see dirty underwear in her hand, "What is this...? Gross."

She lifted the underwear up and observed it. She was so focused on the underwear; she didn't notice Shizuo in front of her half naked.

She puts the underwear down on her lap and then noticed him, Shizuo. The guy who is right in front of her.

Hikaru's face turned bloody red when she realizes that there's a half naked dude, who is wet and wearing a towel.

She screamed out loudly, "AHHH!"

Shizuo's hand flee to her mouth, pushing it and making her mouth shut, "SH! You'll wake the neighbors up!"

Hikaru's eyes were stuck, looking at the towel which is sliding down. Any minute now, the bird will show up if that continues.

The bird right now is actually awake. (He's a having a boner.)

Hikaru swiftly brushed his hand away from her mouth and calmly says, "Wear some clothes on," She used a hand to cover the blush on her face, "it's going down and your D is a little hard."

Shizuo's face was as red as hers, "Fuck!" He fixed his towel and cleared his throat; he tried to play it cool, "Sorry about that."

"It's okay."

"How's your sleep?"

"Good."

"Will you stay?"

"What?" She pondered at the sudden question he has made.

"Will you stay?" He repeated with a serious tone, and this time he looked at her brown hazel eyes.

She stayed quiet for awhile, her hands were laced together, she bit her soft pink lip, "Well...I do have a lot to tell you...but..."

"Please...stay with me." He supplicated for her to stay.

Hikaru's lips curled up, forming a smile, "I will."

Author's note:

If you think that Shizuo is OOC please keep in mind that the two of them haven't seen each other for years so this is a little awkward for him. This is a long chapter as you can see; I am working hard researching about the character's personality and past. I am hoping that I could get Izaya's. Thanks for 100+ reads! Btw, check out the video! It suits the chapter.

~Mrs. Michaelis