Chapter 7.5 ( Memory )

Começar do início

Whenever I felt I wasn't strong enough to be a leader for others, she encouraged me to be myself; I didn't have to be a stone-cold leader.

If Aaliyah had left me, I don't know what I would have done. "Your majesty, is there something on my face?" Aaliyah asked me after looking at me confused for a second.

After a kind chuckle, I turned back towards the stars and said, "How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me "your majesty?"? You are my friend, not my subject".

As Aaliyah spoke, she was smiling as she began to say, "My apologies Y/N, I just can't help it. I am so enamored with you that I have no choice but to show you my utmost respect!". Once again, I gave nothing more than a simple chuckle.

Patting the tree branch beside me, I signaled to Aaliyah to sit next to me. The message was delivered to her, and she sat beside me as we both gazed at the stars.

Aaliyah had asked me a couple of minutes later, "beg my pardon, but what are you doing here? Are you thinking of something?" As I continued to look at the stars, I answered her.

My face twisted into sadness and despair as I sighed. "Oh yes, in fact, I have thoughts on my mind. Well, I was just thinking what it would have been like to be a normal human girl without dealing with all this pain."

Soon, the wind picked up and started blowing my hair, making my features look more angelic than they really are. The only thing I am is a broken woman.

 The only thing I am is a broken woman

Often, I repeat to myself "pain....pain....pain...Why are you always following me?". My friend Aaliyah looked at me with concern and said, "Y/n, you do not have to go through this alone! I am here for you!".

The only thing I could do was sigh deeply and say, "words aren't enough to express what is inside my soul..." as I continued to stare at the stars, I began to sing to myself in a quiet voice.

Aaliyah began playing the guitar softly as I began singing.

The other night, dear

As I lay sleeping

I dreamed I held you, in my arms