Chapter Three

So I really wanted this book to only shift between Kai and Nya's POV, but the plot wouldn't allow it, so enjoy some Jay POV and Third POV. But that means some more Jaya so I don't think you'll mind 😉.

(Also, sorry if it gets confusing with all those POV switches XP.)

Enjoy!

Third POV

"Kai, wait-" Jay reached out to him, but Zane stopped him.

"Don't," he put his arm in front of Jay, seeing Kai walk off.

Even Cole tried to stop him, only to be pushed away by Kai. He stormed back inside the Monastery, slamming the door behind him.

Jay tried to go after him, but Cole was the one to stop him his time. He grabbed his shoulder, turning him around and cornering him with Zane next to him.

"Explain," was all he said behind gritted teeth.

Jay gulped seeing the two much taller-and muscular, in the case of Cole-Ninja tower above him, shrinking further into the wall.

He took a deep breath. "So you see I was patrolling the city as usual because it was my turn- well, it was technically yours but whatever, and then I saw the Serpentine attack a pretty girl so I saved her and then she asked me to show her the Monastery but when I said no she hit me with the puppy eyes and then she was apparently Kai's sister and- now you're mad at me..."

Zane sighed, and Cole facepalmed. "You brought a stranger here because she was pretty?!" Cole threw his arms in the air, shouting.

Jay raised his hands in defense. "You weren't there to see her puppy eyes!" He said. "Besides, she's not a stranger, she's Kai's sister..." He mumbled under his breath.

"Which we've never met before and never even knew about," Zane added, folding his arms. He was scarier as a human rather than as a robot, really.

"Well, let's go talk to Kai then," Jay started walking again, only to be pulled back by his shirt.

"We've done enough. Let's just give him some time," Cole sighed, looking worried at the door.

They all sighed, and continued with their training. Only this time, there would be only three still standing.

~•~
One week later

Jay's POV

A week had passed after I brought Kai's sister here. I know it was technically my fault, but he shouldn't have ignored her. He wouldn't be alone protecting her, there would be not one, but four trained Ninja ready to defend her. I've played enough video games to know that protecting the princess is a hero's job.

But before I get too sappy, back to Kai. He hasn't been the same ever since that day. He wouldn't even come out of his room. He came out only to eat, go to the bathroom, that type of stuff. And he won't talk to us either. So much for sharing a room with him.

He would train, but only at night. And Sensei Wu wasn't strict towards him either, he just let him do what he wanted. Maybe he felt responsible too, who knows.

"Jay?" Zane snapped his fingers to pop my thought bubble.

I looked down at my plate. Dinner was ready, and it was Cole's turn to cook. Great...

Well, it wasn't exactly dinner. We were eating it, but it was still dusk. It's another one of those diets Sensei has been showing us.