Chapter 5: Never Again

OH MY GOD! DID I ACTUALLY UPDATE?!!

Yes I did!

Im sorry for the long wait guys but with everything going on (including what I had explained in my previous authors note) writing just seemed impossible. I swear I tried though.

I dont know if you guys know but January pretty much was filled with earthquakes in Puerto Rico where I live and well, it wasnt easy. Then my last semester of college started and well...

Now with everyone in quarantine because of the virus, I could finally sit down and try to finish this loong chapter.

Before I let you to your reading, I just want to thank you guys for all your support and encourage all of you to stay safe during this historic global pandemic. Stay inside, be safe and I wish all you and everyone in each of your families health! <3 Stay strong everyone!

Now, above is the song Lash out by Alice Merton, it was honestly my song throughout this whole chapter.

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and thanks again for all your patience and support <3

Love, GrissyQuinn <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassian's POV

Pain coursed through my body as my back hit the floor loudly. Even with the padded floors in the Ivanov's gym, the force knocked the wind out of me.

"What's up with you?" Alexander asked standing over me and extending his hand to help me up. We were having a small sparing match to train and he had managed to flip me right on my back.

"Nothing is up with me" I took his hand.

"You're unfocused. You're never unfocused" he continued.

He was right. There weren't a lot of things that made me loose my focus. I could be in a strip club with a beautiful girl on my lap and my mind would still be focused on the job and my family. I could be watching a movie in a luxurious hotel room and my body was always focused and ready to fight if need be.

But goddamit the way Kailee was sparing with Skylar had me everything but focused on my own sparing match with Alexander. She looked as graceful and strong as Skylar did when she fought.

Her body was glistening with sweat; her brow was furrowed as she concentrated on her movements as well as Skylar's. She was focused and fierce, I couldn't take my eyes off her.

"I guess the better question is, What's up in your pants? But I already know the answer to that question" Alexander laughed as he snapped me out of my very obvious staring.

I rolled my eyes "Shut up and fight me" I smirked as I got back into position to fight Alexander.

"It's not like I don't understand you, bro. The same thing happens to me whenever I see Skylar fight." He looked over at them "There's just something about a strong woman that's just so..."

"Fucking hot?" I finished for him as I took my chance to kick around his legs, making him loose balance and giving me the chance to pin him down.

He laughed as I had him pinned down. "Exactly!"

"Got pinned down by your little brother?" Skylar grinned as she walked up to us. "You're unfocused, sweetie"

Alexander stood up and smiled "I got distracted by this goddess of a woman."

Skylar blushed and gave him a quick kiss. I wasn't much for romance but I had to admit seeing those two so happy, somewhat made me happy as well.

"Skylar and I are going to change and go get some lunch at a restaurant near here. You guys coming?" Kailee spoke up now, making her way up to us. Her breathe was heavy from the fight, her blonde hair was sticking to her face even with the ponytail she had. Her sports bra and yoga pants hugged her body so perfectly it should be illegal. I was struck by her beauty the moment I saw her at the party the night of the fire. I had her she was beautiful but I didn't imagine it was this beautiful.