seven ──── his goggles

y/n

I was waiting patiently for Obito's return which I did on every mission that he took. Now, I realize that I'm relying on him too much, but-

I just can't help it.

He's all that I have, and all that I want. He my one and only. The only one I have.

He makes me smile and laugh like there was no tomorrow.

Besides all of that, this mission shouldn't be any different from all the others, right?

Though, that all changed when a boy with silver hair came through my door. A boy I never met before.

He was wearing a mask too.

"Y/n?"

I nodded my head to him as he took out a pair of goggles. He then walked over to me and laid them gently on my bed.

I didn't want to look, but I forced my head down and looked anyway.

Obito's goggles?

My mouth went dry as I jerked my head up to stare into the one visible eye of who I presumed was his teammate.

"He was a hero."

No sound could come out of my mouth as I sat there in silence.

"I'm so sorry."

If felt weird hearing that come from someone I've never met before.

Could this be the Hatake Kakashi that Obito is teammates with?

I gulped, "can I- can i have some alone time?"

Kakashi nodded his head as he left the room, "I'll- I'll come check on you later."

I sat there in silence once more as I stared down at the goggles in my lap. Memories invaded my mind. I wished he was here.

.
.
.

"You'll be back one day, right?"

"Obito?"

"Yeah, I'll be back one day. No matter how long it takes."

.
.
.

Salty tears started to stream down my face as I grabbed his goggles and held it to my chest.

He'll come back. He has to.

.
.
.

meanwhile

.
.
.

obito

When I opened my eyes, all i could see was a dark cave.

"You're awake, Uchiha boy."

Damn it.