My heart pounded and I held back my smile with everything in my power.

"No," I answered, causing his face to fall. He looked back at me, not quite knowing how to react. I couldn't take it for long before letting out a laugh.

"Of course," I responded as if it was the most obvious thing on earth. He let out a sigh and a sarcastic chuckle.

The power I had over his emotions was truly intoxicating. It made me feel a way that I absolutely never had before.

"Don't do that to me," he said relieved, looking over at me with a slightly embarrassed expression.

"Your masculinity too fragile?" I humored, earning a sarcastic glare back.

"I'm kidding I'm kidding.. kinda," I kept smirking at him, and he turned the car off.

"Do you want me to take you back or not?" He threatened lightheartedly. No, I actually didn't. But like I said before he needed time with Layla.

I rolled my eyes and reached into my purse, looking for my phone to check my messages. When I couldn't find it, I remembered leaving it on the kitchen table.

"Ah shit, I left my phone inside," I looked up at him, my facial features forming an apologetic cringe.

"You're so high-maintenance," he joked and I snickered. When we made our way back inside, we saw Layla and Jake asleep on the couch together. I guess we were out there for longer than I thought..

When I got to my phone I checked the time, it was 9:50. My mom hadn't texted me yet.

"You know," he spoke softly as to not wake up the two in the other room, "You could stay."

He looked deep into my eyes, and I felt my knees weaken a little bit. I grinned as my eyes scanned across his face, then back up to his eyes.

"You've never seen my room have you?" He asked. I shook my head and he grinned back at me.

Taking my hand in his, he began to lead me upstairs. I took in my surroundings as we went, not having been up there before.

When we got to his door, I didn't know if I was expecting a bunch of edgy do-not-enter signs or what, but it was just a simple black door.

When he opened the door and led me inside, his scent filled my senses in the most subtle, delightful way. I looked around everything.

His walls were a dark blue, and his bed set was a dark grey. Along his walls he had a few shelves with various items on them- some having books and some having random shit that only he probably knew what they were. It overall looked really nice.

There were only a few clothes on the floor, and the room was actually pretty neat. I wasn't surprised, but I also wasn't not surprised. The room was lit up with a blue light, but I wasn't sure where it was coming from.

He closed the door and went and sat down on his bed with a sigh. He let his torso fall backwards and brought his hands up to rub his eyes. I turned my attention back to him and made my way over to the bed.

"You tired?" I asked, resisting the urge to reach out and feel his abs- which were partially exposed. What?? I'm not weird don't act like you wouldn't do the same thing.

His arms fell beside him as he glanced up at me with a hint of joy in his eyes that I never really see. He definitely looked tired, but also insanely happy.

He reached over and effortlessly hauled me into him, and I let out a shocked giggle at the unexpectedness of it. As I now straddled him, his hands moved up so that they were on my waist and his arms were resting on my thighs. He slowly drew circles on my skin with his thumbs as he began to talk.