Ch.4 Over the Fence

-Hoodie pov

"    And then I threw my knife at the last guy. He dodged at the last second and grabbed it before I could. So I'm stuck having to kill someone barehanded if I don't get my throat cut first. Luckily he ran. So I      " Jeff's voice faded from my mind. His stories were often the same few scenarios. Just different people. I found myself wandering into my own thoughts as we walked through the woods. He didn't notice that I was elsewhere. 

"It's probably one of my most intense kills, don't you think?" He asked before I nodded my head. He inhaled to tell another cliche story, but stopped in his tracks. Out of confusion, I stopped as well. We found a couple objects that were familiar to me. Two pieces of the masked lady's costume. 

"Are these Masky's?" Jeff asked before I picked them up. 

"Ya. I'll bring them to him." I lied before walking. 

"The mansion is back that way. " Jeff said while pointing towards home. 

"Masky isn't there. Don't worry about it. I'll get his shit back to him." I replied before walking further into the woods. He can't know that I'm going to the city. He'll tell Slenderman. Once I was sure that I was out of his site, I made my way to the city.

-Your pov

"Y/n, have you seen my wig and mask?" My mom shouted from her closet. Out of all days that she would need it, it just had to be the day after I lost it. Of course. 

"I lost it." I explained. She poked her head out of her room. 

"Why?" She asked. 

"For my Halloween costume. I was        playing hide and seek with   my friends. It's somewhere in the woods." I replied. She wasn't convinced. 

"I thought you were going as the candy girl from the purge." She said as she went back into the closet. I was quiet for a moment trying to think of an excuse. I didn't want her to know. 

"Changed my mind." I finished. She sighed and grabbed her purse. 

"I'm going to the school to see if they have a copy." She said before walking out the door. I sighed before grabbing my jacket and going out to the backyard. I wanted to go back into the woods to find the mask and wig, but that boy, Hoodie, said not to. I was lucky to get out alive. I don't want to test my luck again. I'll just have to hope that my mom finds another set. The sky was starting to get dark but it's still nice out so I can at least do something besides homework. I spent about a half hour tossing pebbles before I heard something from outside the fence by the woods. Something flew over the yard and landed on the door mat. It was the wig and mask. I grew curious and made my way to the fence. I managed to grab the top and pull myself up. I looked around before my eyes were set on a yellow hoodie.

"Hoodie?!" I shouted before he swiftly turned to face me. It really was Hoodie. I looked around to make sure that no one else was present. 

"You shouldn't be here. The kill that night. They are after you. They think that I was a victim." I whispered while trying to stay over the fence. 

"It's best if it stays that way." He stated before I struggled over the fence to catch up with him. 

"Why did you spare me? I'm a witness." I said before Hoodie covered my mouth. His face close to mine. 

"A silent witness.     Honestly, I don't know why I let you go. Maybe just because." He replied and removed his hand before it grew quiet. I looked around nervously. 

"I need to be back to my place." I whispered before quietly walking back. I can't go on the sidewalk or they'll see me. Hoodie was right behind me. Almost too close. I kept my head low until I reached the back fence. It's harder to get in from the outside. I tried jumping several times, but my fingers couldn't grab the wood. I could hear Hoodie sigh before taking several steps closer. I was a little shocked when he grabbed me and hoisted me up to get over the fence. I looked through a gap to see him walking away. 

"Hey." I whispered. Hoodie stopped and looked at me like a statue. 

"Thanks. This means a lot." I said before Hoodie tilted his head. 

"What, giving you the wig and mask?" He said as his head became vertical again. 

"No,     for helping me get back into my yard. I don't want them to to find out where I live." I finished before smiling slightly at him and going across the yard to the patio. I picked up the mask and wig and set it down on the table.

-Hoodie pov
She doesn't want someone to find where she lives. Who is looking for her house? Why? I ran back to the fence and looked through the gap to see Y/N in her house. She won't give me the answers to my questions. It's possible that it has something to do with her slaughter that night.       She's hiding something. My head was nagging at me to watch her. Figure out what's haunting her.             Besides me.