"Shut the fuck up, bro." Carson grinned as he pushed Tyler's shoulder.

"Forreal, tho. I'm happy for you, she seems like a sweet girl." 

"Yeah, she is. I think she'll be good for me. She really makes me happy." Carson replies.

"That's what's up." Said Tyler as he popped tater-tots into his mouth, "So, how y'all get together? I hope y'all didn't get together like some corny Wattpad shit." Tyler chuckled.

"You read Wattpad?" Carson questioned.

"What?" Tyler replied

"Isn't that shit for teenage girls?" Carson chuckled.

"Actually, a considerable amount of the audience of Wattpad are adults and plenty of the audience is male. Spare me the judgement, Homie." Tyler said and Carson put his hands up in defense.

"I didn't mean to hit a nerve."

"No hard feelings. So, spill the tea." Tyler demanded.

***

Noelle was currently studying for her upcoming AP Government test as Carson continued to blow up her phone. It was mostly memes he thought were funny and cute text messages. Her twinkly-lights and white walls made her room look homely. Her hair was up and she was already in her pajamas. 

A soft tap resounded in her silent room. "Come in." Noelle answered. Margo poked her head in 

"Hey, how was school?" Margo inquired. Noelle didn't want to lie to her sister about skipping but she knew if her dad found out, she would be in so much fucking trouble. Margo tucked a piece of obsidian hair behind her pale ear. Her brown eyes narrowed in on Noelle, she raised an eye brow as if daring her to lie.

"...good..." Noelle answered timidly.

"Hm, funny, because I think around 11:00 today, the office called. They said you didn't come in today. Thank god, I was the one that answered right?" Noelle's eyes widened and totally forgot that the school called to report unexcused absences.

"What do I owe you?" Noelle asked. She knew Margo wasn't going to tell but, Noelle was beyond lucky that she answered.

"Baby-sit the boys next weekend when mom and dad go out for date night?"

"Deal." Noelle fist bumped Margo. And Margo was going to head out of Noelle's room when she turned to say something.

"Ya'know, I'm glad you're finally letting loose. You deserve a little fun while you're young and dumb." Margo disappeared behind Noelle's door as Carson texted her again.

The notification was on Snapchat this time. She opened it and it was a picture of him with his tongue out and a random boy next to him in a beanie and hooded eyes throwing a peace sign. The caption said:

Hey babe! Goodnight and sweet dreams. Also, Tyler says 'Hi'

She giggled and sent him a picture of her holding up her AP Gov textbook. She then put her phone face down on her nightstand and continued to read.

***

It's been three weeks and things were going really well. Three weeks of movie dates and random arcade excursions. Three weeks of studying Biology on Thursdays in the library. Three weeks of trips to Jodie's diner and getting a sundae--hold the nuts--to share. Three weeks of Carson teasing Noelle as she stamped books and worked the front desk of the library. Three weeks of Noelle supporting Carson at football practice as he finally got off the bench for getting a 76% on his last test. He needed a 70% to get back on the field.

It was another Thursday and Noelle was running a little late to their scheduled meeting. Carson was settled in a private study room. Noelle walked in with snacks and her Biology book. She smiled at him and Carson returned the same smile. She set down the snacks and kissed him on his cheek softly. 

"Let's get to work, Holt." Said Noelle.

"Oh! wait check out my last two quizzes," Carson pulled out two biology quizzes one said, 79% and the other said 82%." Carson said like an excited child. "My next test is next Friday and honestly, I'm feeling pretty good about it."

Noelle smiled brightly. She was proud that Carson was making great progress. "That's so great, Car!" 

"We should celebrate." He whispered close to her ear.

"Sure, what did you want to do?"

"Let's go to my family's lake-house this weekend. It's beautiful this time of year." Carson stroked the back of her hand.

"Uh, I can't this weekend, I have to baby-sit my brothers Saturday."

"I don't mind keeping you company while you watch your brothers." Carson replied.

"Uh...you don't have to..."

"Noe, I don't mind, really."

"Okay, I just don't want you to be bored or anything. My only job is to make sure they don't kill each other." Noelle flashed him a genuine smile. She opened her textbook and looked over the unit that the test was on. "It is officially, 5:00, and my name is officially Ms. Cartwright. Not Noelle or Noe. Gotta it?" Carson smiled.

"I like a dominant woman." He winked at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Just open your book, Holt."