Chapter Sixty - The Bat-Bogey Hex Of 72

Start from the beginning

"But it's against Slytherin!" James whined. "Out of all the games, that's the one you gotta go to!"

"It'll be fun!" Peter said. "You should at least give it a chance."

"I'll be going to all of James's games," Remus reminded them. "I promise." Except the ones coinciding with the full moon.

"I love how all of you just know I'm gonna be on the team." James reclined on his bed, a smug smile spreading. "I mean, I will be but I love that you guys know it too."

Luckily that dropped them wheedling Remus about the game. He figured he should go at least to that game--the big one--but at the same time being completely alone in the library again was too tempting. Remus put away all his gifts (thanking them once more) then got sucked into their plotting about what to do about Snape once more. Remus looked around at his three friends then couldn't help but ask, "If I said Snape did something to me, would you believe it?"

They fell silent, three pairs of eyes focusing on their tiny little friend. Sirius spoke first. "Did Snape do something?" He sounded furious.

"Um, I--w-was just w-w-wondering..."

"Of course we would, why wouldn't we?" Pete inquired.

"Did he though?" James asked, on Sirius's line of thought. "Is that why you want to get back at him? Cause if it is, we need something worse than just firecrackers filled with itching powder."

"Way worse," agreed Sirius.

"Well--it d-doesn't matter, really, I was just curious."

Sirius got up, moving to sit next to Remus on the edge of his bed. "If Snape did something to you, you can tell us."

Shouldn't have said anything! "He hexed me. Got away with it, too."

"Git!" James jumped to his feet, going for his wand like he wanted revenge right there and then without Snape being anywhere in the vicinity. "What did he do? How did he get away with it? Didn't you do anything back?"

Remus explained everything except for the Lily stuff--that would never be spoken to them. They all looked angry enough as it was, all of them wanting more revenge, something bigger. Remus told them in detail what the spell did but none of them had heard of it before. They figured if Remus hadn't, it was really obscure (which flattered him more than anything that they considered him so smart). They agreed to go to the library so off they went, not just to find the spell Snape used but also one to really get back at him.

"Something big," James said as they went. "Really big."

"As big as his nose?" Sirius asked, causing the others to laugh.

"Is anything that big?" Pete added, causing more laughter.

They only spent about half an hour in the library until James and Sirius grew very bored. Not even looking up cool hexes and jinxes satisfied them, so soon they all left. Remus hadn't found any information on the spell Snape had used. The closest was the tongue-tying spell but mimblewimble was a far cry from something-lock plus his tongue had been connected to the roof of his mouth not tied in a knot! He did find a spell that made the tongue lengthen considerably and thought that'd be a fun prank. There was also one made you stick your tongue out until the spell was lifted.

"You know what would be fun?" Sirius asked as they meandered aimlessly through the school. "A spell that makes the tongue roll up then unfurl like one of those party favors."

"With the noise too!" James laughed, giving his friend a high five.

Both boys turned to grin at Remus who sighed. "I highly doubt a spell like that exists..." Now they were giving him puppy dog eyes. "...but I suppose I could try and... figure something out..."