04: Her Name Is Charmaine 📮

Começar do início

I easily got in a taxi, I was confused for a few minutes and had to ask a woman next to me for assistance but she kindly helped and even shouted out my stop when I was nearing school.

I was a few minutes late, but I'm sure it was still registration. The school halls were empty because everyone was in their class.

"Ms Launter, care to explain why you're late?" Mr Lancewood asked. Oh come on, I swear he secretly hates my family.

"I actually don't sir" I said as I walked to my seat. My response was followed by a huge gasp from the rest of the class.

"That's it. I'm calling your parents" he said as he picked up his phone as some sort of threat.

"Okay sir" I said as I took out my reading book, "Bumped by Megan McCafferty"

The bell rang signalling the end of registration which meant it was the first period. I had Physical Ed in the morning and my teacher let's us do anything we want.

I haven't heard from Langa at all. Not even a goodnight text that night. I'm sure that he's ignoring me now.

I walked to the stadium and sat with my friend Simlindile who had her earphones on already. She saw me coming and removed them.

"Hello. How are you?" she asked.

"I'm good, have you seen Charmaine?" I asked

"Why would you want to talk to her? I heard she entered a public hospital on Saturday, can you imagine?" she laughed.

I would have found this kind of funny if you had told it to me about a week ago.

"Instead of laughing at her then why don't you get your rich mama and papa to pay for her at some private hospital?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow.

"Peter did say there was something wrong with you" she snorted as she put her earphones back on.

Peter what? I guess I'll have to deal with that later on.

I found Charmaine sitting at the far end of the stadium alone. She was one of the only girls I knew who still had the Samsung S3.

"Hey Charmaine" I greeted as I scooted closer to her.

"Oh hey, uhm. What do you want?" she asked straight away.

She lifted her bushy eyebrow at me. You could see her freckles at the bridge of her nose and her uniform was actually twice her size. In my mother young it's what we call "Ukhulanaye"

"I need your advice" After those 4 words a new friendship rose and I told her how I felt about Langa ignoring me and she gave me the most smartest advice.

"First of all, I think he ghosted you." She said laughing.

"He what?" I asked confused.

"Its what guys do when they get what they want from you" she said laughing again.

I looked at her weirdly.

"So, the advice?" I asked impatiently.

"Just text him, it could be a simple 'Hey'" she said looking at me with her huge doe eyes.

"What about my ego?" I asked her.

"If you really like him, you'll put your ego aside" she said as she starred at the boys playing soccer on the ground.

"I don't like him" I said frowning.

"Okay, if you say so" She said smiling at me.

"Thanks Charmaine. You should come to my house tomorrow night"

"There's a rumor going around that only Peter's been there" She said confused.

"Well that's true but I consider you as my friend"

"Anytime Launter" she said winking at me

I pulled out my phone and put my pride on the side for just this once and sent that risky text

Me: Hey

I waited for a few seconds and just as I was about to put my phone in my pocket I heard a vibration. It was a text from Langa

Langa: Hi

And ladies and gentlemen,things were back to normal.

NB

Heyyy hope you enjoyed if you did please vote and comment 😁💖
Love youuu