↠The Rise Of A Queen - 035

—T H E  R I S E  O F  A  Q U E E N —

—T H E R I S E O F A Q U E E N —

"Father,
I'm deeply sorry to tell that your letter has come too late. As of Saturday morning, Sirius and I are engaged! He got down on one knee and proposed with a ring he picked himself. Jasper and Eden were the first (Outside of our friends who were present during the proposal) to learn of the news, then the staff. It was very well received. Sirius and I are planning on making the announcement to the public in about three months' time during our break from school.

I hope you are as excited as we are for this news and event. I will send to more details over time when Sirius and I make the decisions.

With much love,

Your Daughter Sage"

———

Sage sealed the letter with a wax stamp and walked over to her owl. "Are you sure you don't want to say anymore?" Sirius, who was leaning against the stone door frame, questioned her. Sage sighed and looked towards him. "My father likes you, love, but he fancies power to the monarch more. It'll improve his status, as well as mine. He won't look past this. But it doesn't matter what he thinks, I'm Queen, I'm the reigning monarch, he is not." Sage raised her chin and turned back around. She held out the letter and her owl took it in his mouth, before flying away.

"Too late to change my mind now." Sage folded her hands in front of her stomach and smiled at him. "Heh... You are absolutely insane. Merlin could only imagine if I sent my parents something like that." Sirius shook his head with a smirk. "Your parents are bloody irrelevant assholes, and besides, this letter is going to mine. They can say all they want, you're the one who will be getting a title," Sage walked up to him and leaned her head against his chest before wrapping her arms around his body. "You're quite sensitive today, love," Sirius hugged her back. "I'm so tired of everyone thinking they know what's best for me. I love you, and I love my people, but I know what's best for both and my father... or most for that matter, can't see that,"

Sirius tightened his hold around her looked her in the eyes. "If there's one thing life taught me, it's that people are always going to underestimate you. And even if they want to make you feel like you are powerless, you stand up, and you make them know that you are better than what they think of you." Sage smiled up at her fiancé and gave him a soft kiss. "If they think you aren't capable of handling your own life, love, you take them by the hair and show them that you have more control than they even will," Sirius whispered when they pulled apart.

"I like the way that sounds. Since when did you become the advice giver?" Sage questioned him sarcastically with a grin. "Since my fiancée needed me to be. I'd light the world on fire for you, princess."