↠The Rise Of A Queen - 035

Start from the beginning

———

Weeks had passed and so had the word of the young queens engagement to Sirius Black, and countless letters between Sage, her father, her advisers, and her extended family. Chaos had ensued as soon as her father shared with them that Sage had accepted Sirius's proposal, because of the fact Sirius had no official title or noble blood in the muggle world. They were, in all honesty, bloody furious. Letters after letters from her great-aunt about her true outrage over her choices, to which Sage had consistently replied with the fact that she was old enough to make her own choices, especially with all the responsibilities she already carried.

The worst of it though, came from her father. It was so bad that Sirius had taken a few letters and hid them from her to spare her feelings. Of course, the young Sirius Black wouldn't stop at hiding them. The queens father had received a few... interesting letters back from Sirius. Howlers and all. Sirius was furious over the way her father had written to her. Nobody, and he meant nobody, was allowed to talk to his fiancée like that. It was all a shitshow in his opinion. Sirius loves Sage's family, and he liked her dad, but his thoughts on him and the rest of them where shifting quickly. Even Jasper and Eden went out of their way to apologize to him for the problems their extended family caused. Sirius, of course, knew that he had the Prince and Princess support no matter what when it came to his and Sage's relationship.

But nothing in Sage's life could be clam or harmonious. The Queen of the United Kingdom and the commonwealth always had to have her hand dipped in some little basket of chaos. Sage, once again, found herself in the presence of the head of her house. Minerva McGonagall had become someone Sage went to for advice or to confide in when she needed. And even though the transfiguration professor wouldn't admit it right away, the relationship she had with the young queen was one that brought her great joy. Minerva began to look at Sage as almost her own child, wanting to protect her from the war Sage was fighting in her family and in the wizarding world.

"Are you sure this is something you want my advice on, your majesty?" She tightened her lips into a straight line. Sage nodded and smiled at her professor lightly. "Sage, I think you are an exceptional student who is too smart for your own good, and I think you should be allowed to love and marry whoever you want. I understand that tradition matters to your family, but so many generations have passed since a witch or wizard held the thrown, and never during a Wizarding war. You carry the weight of the world on your shoulders, and you already have a family to worry about," Mcgonagall sighed and sat next to the young girl in a desk.

Sage's eyebrows raised when she mention her family. "How do you know about-" Sage started, only to be cut off by the gentle smile of Minerva. "Mr. Black may have mentioned that there's a young baby back at home waiting to meet its new adoptive parents... Alexander Black I believe he said the name was," Sage nodded and felt a genuine smile grow on her face naturally. "Alexander Regulus Black-Windsor. I wanted him to take both names so when he's old enough he'll know that even though we don't share blood, he's still family to Sirius and I. I, personally because of my mother, don't have the Windsor name like my siblings and her, but I have my fathers name. Alexander has a choice though, he can take which ever name he wants to when he's old enough, it's up to him." Sage just felt her smile grow as she talked about the boy who would be her son come the end of this years summer.

Minerva stared at her and thought about her words, before speaking up, "Sage, where your parents still... In love when your mother passed?" When the words slipped from her mouth, Sage flinched slightly, causing McGonagall to regret her words instantly. "No. My parents, yes they loved each other deeply, but at some point in between after Eden was born and my 11th birthday, they stopped being in love with each other. But, my mother was a woman on the thrown in a time where divorce wasn't acceptable to her generation," Sage explained while gazing down at the engagement ring on her finger. Minerva nodded and looked foreword, staring off. "I don't think you'll ever find yourself in that situation, Ms. Mary, but I do think you are a in some ways victim."