Chapter 134 : Chinese Valentine's Day

Start from the beginning

“Oh, by the way,” After Qin Yang drove for a while, he asked, “I have to go home this weekend. Can you come with me?”

He Jin was stunned, “go to your home?”

“Yes, I haven’t been back for a long time. It’ll be my sister’s birthday this weekend. Auntie Jiang called me and wanted me to join for dinner.” Qin Yang glanced at him, “I’ve told her that I’m living outside with you. Auntie Jiang told me to bring you along.”

He Jin recalled the gentle woman and nodded, “okay.”

On the weekend, He Jin casually put on a clean casual outfit and went out with Qin Yang. At first, he thought that he was only having dinner with Qin Yang’s stepmother and his siblings, so he only bought a delicate little cake for his sister as a gift. Later, he was shocked to see Qin Yang’s father too!

At the beginning of the year, he spent a few nights at Qin Yang’s house. At that time, his father was busy working, and He Jin had to go out early for work, it’s actually his first time meeting Qin Yang’s father.

He Jin immediately became nervous, he felt that he was not dressed properly and he hadn’t brought any gifts along either. He perceived himself as being impolite.

Qin Yang secretly laughed at him, “why are you so nervous? Even the ugliest wife needs to meet her father-in-law, on top of that, you’re not ugly.”

He Jin was speechless, when he thought of his relationship with Qin Yang, he was so embarrassed that he didn’t even know where to place his hands.

Qin Yang didn’t really look like his father. His father was a little shorter and fatter, and he had rougher facial features. He looked quite young, around 40 years old, and had a style of a businessman.

Qin Yang pushed He Jin in front of his father and said honestly, “dad, this is He Jin, my boyfriend.”

He Jin, “…!!!”

This sentence had shocked He Jin too much. He face went pale immediately, and he felt as if he had nowhere to hide. Whatever he was afraid of, Qin Yang could always voice them out without a care nor worry.

“Oh, when you turned 17, you stole my bottle of whiskey and you got so drunk. It’s all because of this kid?” Qin Yang’s dad was carefully checking out He Jin. It seemed like he was smiling but he wasn’t. From the angle of his mouth, He Jin had found the shadow of Qin Yang. The way his father looked at him wasn’t offensive, but it made He Jin a little embarrassed.

“Yeah.” Qin Yang didn’t care much.

His dad asked He Jin a few questions, such as where his hometown is, and what he was studying as major. When he was in the middle of it, Qin Yang interrupted him rudely, “don’t ask anymore. He’s just here today for dinner.”

Auntie Jiang joined, “yeah, it’s a rare opportunity to meet Xiao He. Why don’t you ask less? You’ll make him uncomfortable.”

He Jin helplessly tried to end the conversation, “it’s alright…” He wasn’t afraid of talking to older people, but he didn’t want to be seen as the “future daughter-in-law”, as this is really strange.

Qin Yang’s father found it funny and complained a bit, “I’m really not sure who’s closer to you!”

Everyone in the family was surrounding each other and eating. They lit candles and sang birthday songs to their little sweetheart. They also gave her presents. The environment was so warm and filled with such enthusiasm that it made people jealous.

Out of some reasons, He Jin thought of a saying, “all happy families are the same, and the unhappy ones had different sad stories.”

He hasn’t contacted his family for half a year, and he had no idea how his parents were doing. He had already removed his parents’ numbers from the blacklist, he had also wanted to call his dad a few times and ask how they were doing, but he had no courage to, which made him very sad as well. Had they stopped caring about He Jin?