Chapter 034 : Initial Settings

As the welcoming words surfaced, at the same time He Jin also heard a system sound reading this sentence in his ear.Not long after, he felt his feet leave the ground; he was floating!

He Jin had a moment of panic and nervousness, but soon calmed down. He floated slowly, almost as if he had become a feather.

Through layers of fog, a Lotus Pond waterfall appeared in front of him. He fell gently on a lotus, facing the huge curtain of water. The waterfall was as smooth as a mirror, clearly projecting his character’s image- the Tsing Yi Maiden.

He Jin stared at the figure, and thought of “lifting my left hand”, the figure in the waterfall raised her left hand; he thought “Smile”, and the figure on the waterfall’s projection also smiled.

…… God, he really had turned into the Tsing Yi Maiden!

He then saw the delicate and lovely Tsing Yi in the waterfall changed her expression as a result of He Jin’s feeling of “shock”, and suddenly became wide eyed like– (⊙Y⊙)

He Jin was thunderstruck!…  This, this expression, is too damn exaggerated ah!

With the change in He Jin’s mind, the Tsing Yi in the waterfall also began blinking rapidly.

He Jin suddenly reacted; real people, even if they were having a huge turmoil in their heart, they could still control their surface appearance to look calm, but holographic character wouldn’t be able to do it, the helmet would present the most realistic expression of the player’s current state of mind…

…… Get lost, why do I feel like I’ve been slightly father-trapped[1]!? Can’t this thing disguise people’s true thoughts and emotions?

While He Jin was puzzled, at the same time his brain also made a controlled reaction. He saw as his little Tsing Yi’s expression slowly began to calm down, becoming calm and collected.

Fortunately, it can do this (=_=) …

He Jin understood a little bit about how the “helmet” works- it felt like an extremely intelligent robot; while the players were trying to adapt to it, it was also adapting itself to the way human brain’s works and constantly learning to fix its end-result.

At that moment, He Jin heard the system voice saying to him: “In three seconds, the initial setting of the holographic character will be started. Countdown, 3,2,1 … Your original game name is Xiao Xian-Jin, do you want to change it?”

>> Yes/No

Friendly tips: After the holographic game deletes all chinese characters, you will have a chance to change your name for free.

He Jin: “Yes.”

Please associate your new game name: __________

He Jin: “Ah Jin.”

The era of the spirit fairy had passed, He Jin felt it would be much more simple if he was called Ah Jin.

System Voice: “Your new game name is Ah Jin.”

>>Confirm/Re-enter

He Jin: “Confirm.”

System Voice: “Your current race is Spirit; career as a ‘ Spiritual Pet’. The players with spiritual pet occupation can only custom-set their human appearance, do you want to maintain your existing character image?”

>>Yes, please continue/No, I want to change

He Jin: “No, I want to change.”

Before, when they were only playing through the keyboard, appearance did not really matter. But it had become holographic playing now, He Jin could feel his soul playing directly as the character,  so playing as a female character made him feel very awkward. He would have changed it sooner or later anyway.