"Sure." Casady replies.

"It says, 'Teleportation, talking, locating, telepathic talking, and seeing the future can all be seen in the mirror. When the time comes, a hand or two has been lost, even to the extent of death, you will need to know what you are searching for. When you need to know, you will know. Ask for help and help will be given. People are no good, but a book is best. Peer inside and you will see the light. You must see it. You will see it. Can you see it? It is the illuminating light at the end of the road, death. But death is not the end of all existence of life, no, it is just the beginning.
-Signing off, X

Betrayal, the worst feeling. What is betrayal? When you are betrayed, are you truly betrayed, or do you just think that you are? Don't jump to conclusions over a word, or an action. Though, most are right, some are wrong. Keeper, don't let this feeling enter into you. When your whereabouts are unknown don't think that they are unknown to others. This is when that are just known. Don't go down a path with no return. Don't take the wrong path to where you are left alone. Remember, Beverly and Casady, you must always stick to one another. And remember, never trust the liars. The headquarters may be called a home to you in the future, as do many others. But remember, you must always be on high alert.
-Signing off, X

This is a warning to all who may have the twisted pleaser of reading this book, do not trust eight. Also, you must not abandon your life, act normal even though nothing of normal that exists for you. If you do not act in this manner, terrible things will befall you. You must find the secret hidden within. This key will lead you to what you search for so desperately. You must tell no one the truth of your capability, unless they already know. If they know your ability, tell them the truth so that they do not stay from your side and onto the enemies side.When it comes to you, gain control, and never loose it. Even if it means not using abilities in order to survive. And whatever you do, stay away from eight, do not use your powers then!
-Signing off, X'

That's pages nine, ten, and eleven. I don't understand it though. Who is X?" Mary stops and asks, confused.

"I don't know either Mary. That's why we need to read them, so we can understand them." Casady says, comforting Mary, as she always does. Then she glances over at Thomas and it is obvious that he wants to say something. "What?" She asks.

"You need to keep reading."

"First answer this, do you know what it means by eight?"

"Yes?"

Then tell us!" Beverly says.

"I can't"

"And why is that?" Beverly says, challenging him.

"Because you have not finished reading yet. You need to read at least twelve and thirteen, then I can't talk at free will."

"Fine, I'll read" Beverly says, taking the book from Mary. Realizing that what she just did was rude, she asks, "Is that okay Mary?"

"That's fine."

"Okay, it says, 'Be normal, when not normal. Don't stand out, when you stand out. Fade into the shadows, when you are in the light. Be yourself, but not your new self. A storm is coming, it is on the horizon. Listen to what you are told. Hide your ability. Blend into the crowd, don't be in the center. Be careful to not use your power on eight. Go back to normality while it seems like there is none. Listen to these words and will certainly survive. Choose to ignore them, and you will be dead by morning. Stay careful.
Signing off, X

Eight is approaching. Everyone knows the risk on eight but they don't know the true risk. Don't use your powers, people will try to make you, don't let them. Choose three people to tell, that is all. Choose carefully, and remember that the one closest to you may betray you. Once you tell the fourth, one will die, this is not a good thing. You may only have three, for each additional one who knows, one additional one will perish. The oldest die first. Now listen closely, keep secrets. Secrets are what keep you alive. Between the keeper and you, have no secrets. For secrets will tear you apart. They build you up, but can also tear you down. Lastly, listen to what your gut tells you, not your mind. Whatever you do, ignore your mind.
Signing off, X'