chapter 9

Chapter 9

Lunch rolled around after classes and Max was awkwardly walking the hallways alone, following where everyone was headed to : the cafeteria.

He had parted ways with Nate after that one class. Nate was being so nice and friendly and smiles and Max was so happy but it died down when he realised that Nate was being all kinds of nice to Ryder.

Because Ryder is hot.

Ryder looks dangerous.

And according to the latest gossip he heard in his English Class, Ryder has has a prisoner's record.

The cafeteria smelled like chicken, which made Max sigh in relief because he thought it was gonna smell so bad. He really did underestimate this school.

He bought his food and saw an empty table by the window. He was going to walk towards it when an arm slung around his shoulder halted his steps.

"Max!"

Max glared at Niall, looking around if anyone was paying attention. They weren't. Max sighed in relief.

"Oops, sorry" Niall muttered, laughing nervously and pulling his boyfriend's brother to his table.

Nate's eyes lit up when he saw Ryder coming towards them but an eyebrow raised when he saw his brother's arm around the new and hot dangerous guy.

"New friend, Ni?" Nate asked not so teasingly.

Niall grinned at the table where his brother, Louis, a few of their friends : Macy, Nick, Grady, Isaac and Laila.

"This is the new guy! I bumped into him just now. Ryder right?" Niall played along with a friendly smile.

Max nodded to a few of them.

"So... Ryder. Do you really have a prisoner's record?" Louis asked, his lips in a smirk.

Max contemplated this. He did..
For doing some graffiti but it wasn't that big. He snuck a glance at Nate who had this glint in his eye.

"Yeah I do" Max muttered, shrugging.

Nate was grinning as he dragged Max beside him.

"So what did you do that was so bad?" Nate asked, eyes wide and his lips spread into a grin.

Niall and Louis exchanged glances.

Well one thing didn't change about Nate.

He definitely has a thing for bad boys.

Club rush was something that happened every year apparently and Niall and Louis dragged Max towards the club booths.

They had to at least join two clubs or sports and Max was dreading it but his eyes lit up when he saw the booth for basketball.

"You play basketball?"

Max jumped in surprise at one of the Horan twins who was suddenly by his side.

He nodded, replaying the matches he had with his brother back in London. They usually play at their backyard where Des had put up a hoop ages ago before he moved here.

"Cool. I was thinking of signing up too" Nate gave Max a wink and moved towards the booth, his cute little butt swaying as Max bit his bottom lip.

God it's gonna be so hard to not just jump him right then and there.

"Whoah, take down your tent lover boy" one of Niall and Nate's friends, Isaac said. Max felt his cheeks getting hot from getting caught.

"W-what?" He coughed to hide his embarrassment and Isaac just chuckled as he followed Nate to the basketball booth.

Max didn't sign up. Instead he signed up for the Video & Media club and followed Louis to the Drama club. Maybe he could handle the backstage stuff or something. He's good at that.
Drama? Not so much.

The first day went by quickly and Max found himself heading home feeling exhausted.

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and answered it, not bothering to check the caller id.

"Hey"

"Hey bro, how's stuff?"

"It's the first day and I'm already feeling exhausted" he muttered into his phone but he felt a little relaxed when he heard his brother's laugh from the other end.

"How's Nate?"

"He's nice to me.."

"You mean nice to Ryder?"

"Yup" Max sighed.

"Think of it as closure. Is he an asshole to anyone else?"

Max tried to recall Nate's behaviour at school. He had a ton of friends, he smiled at everyone. The teachers rolled their eyes when Nate smiled at them.

"Guess he's just an asshole to me" Max stated.

"Hang in there. He'll realise some things okay? I gotta go, bye!"

"Bye Haz"

The line went dead and Max pocketed his phone as he arrived home.

His dad was probably at the Diner so Max showered, took his bag and made his way towards the Diner with his motorbike.

The minute he was on the road, all eyes were on him. People talked and whispered, seeing the familiar motorbike and figure riding it.

"Who's that?"

"It's Max or Harry. The Styles Twins!"

"They're back?"

"I hear only one of them are back?"

"Why?"

"Horan. Because of the Horan Twins"

Vote and Comment guys!

I'm thinking 5 votes? 5 comments before the next update?

Love youuuu xx