chapter 19

ethans pov:

kate hung up the phone and i began to run to the locker room. what the hell is happening? i thought to myself while i entered the locker room, i could hear someone hyperventilating and crying. i looked down all the aisles filled with lockers and of course it was the last one i saw daya sitting on the bench crunches into a little ball as kate tried to comfort her, i walked quickly towards them grabbing daya and setting her down softly on my lap.

"daya, i need you to breathe." i said to her firmly, she shook her head no, "i-" she tried to speak, "i can't." she breathed out shakily. "daya, please. for me, follow my breathing, ready?" i asked her softly, she nodded and i took a deep breath in as she tried to do the same. i cupped her face in my hands taking in another deep breath as she looked at me. after a couple minutes her breathing was slowly coming back to normal, and she was shaking less. her breathing finally returned to normal. she wrapped her arms around me toward my lower waist laying her head on my chest, i could feel my heart start to beat faster as she did this.

i softly stroked her messy hair that some was wet from her tears. we sat like that for a few minutes and i looked over to see kate staring at us, a small smirk slowly crept across her face, as she mouthed 'you're whipped' i rolled my eyes and flipped her off turning my attention to daya. "i'm sorry." she whispered quietly into my chest, "hey," i said grabbing her face, "you have nothing to be sorry about." i whispered and wiped the tears off her puffy face. "i'm such a baby." she groaned letting her head fall back, i chuckled slightly looking back to see kate gone. she lifted her arms up and tucked her hair behind her ears, a giant bruise still evident on her wrist and it was very swollen. i gently grabbed her wrist as she winced slightly, "who did this?" i asked angrily, "bree. she shoved me in the hallway" she said quietly looking down. "what the hell? i'm gonna kill her." i said inspecting her wrist.

"are you okay daya?" i asked looking into her glossy eyes, she took a breath and shook her head slowly no. making my face drop, "what?" i said, "what's wrong?" "i just- i- ugh!" she said struggling to speak, "everythinghasbeengettingtomymindlatelyandifeelsostressedandidontknowwhattodo!" she said super fast, throwing her hands up, i pushed them down slowly. "hey, hey." i said pulling her to me, "it's okay, everything's gonna be okay, i promise." i told her staring into her eyes and i meant it. i was going to be by her side from now on at all times, i couldn't stay away.

zendayas pov:

he stared deeply into my eyes "i promise." he said, and i believed it, i truly did. i had no idea what this boy was doing to me but i couldn't stay away. he made me feel so wanted and gave me so much comfort, it was amazing and i never wanted it to stop. i nodded slowly at his words and slowly leaned in looking down at his soft plump lips, as he did the same. i flickered my eyes back to his and immediately pressed my lips against his. i closed my eyes moving my lips with his, i brought my arms up around his neck bringing myself closer to him wrapping my legs around his waist, sitting on his lap. his hands grabbed my waist somehow bringing me even closer to him as our chests touched, as we moved our lips together in sync i felt butterflies erupt in my stomach flying free. my hands went to his hair tugging lightly as he groaned, i opened my mouth my tongue searching for an opening as he allowed. our tongues danced together competing for dominance until i gave up. we both heard a locker slam shut i jumped and quickly pulled away, breathing heavily. i looked down tucking my hair behind my ears, nervously. i could feel his eyes burning into me.

"daya," she said, i began to blush still looking down. "hmm?" i said, "look at me." he said sternly, i snapped my head up my eyes widened as i looked at ethans hair all crazy and his lips swollen, "damn." he said, i furrowed my eyebrows, "huh?" i said, he lifted his eyebrows studying my face, "nothin." he replied i let out a small laugh as he smiled at me, i looked down seeing my jersey as my eyes widened "oh my god!" i said, "what time is it?!" ethan pulled out his phone, "3:30, why?" i mentally facepalmed, "my game starts in 30 minutes!" i shouted in his face, i frantically stood up looking for my other cleat only having one on my foot, i pulled it out from under the other side of the bench. "ah- ha!" i shouted, ethan burst out laughing as i blushed a lot feeling embarrassed i forgot he was even there! "why was your cleat all the way over there!" he laughed, "because bree is a hoe, and i was mad." i told him trying to put it on my foot quickly. but i couldn't because of my stupid wrist, i huffed irritated i couldn't even put my cleat on.

ethans pov:

she huffed angrily throwing her head back i grabbed her ankle pulling her to me slowly so i could put it on for her. i slid the cleat on her foot over her sock, and laced it up tight, i looked up as she gazed at me, "is that good?" i asked her, she nodded her head and stood up quickly. i followed her into the bathroom part of the locker room, she flipped her head upside down trying to pull it into a ponytail. grabbing the hair and flipping her head up, she gasped looking at her face. swollen lips and puffy eyes, she let out a laugh, "holy crap! i didn't even recognize myself!" she said, i laughed watching her struggle to put her hair in a ponytail, i finally grabbed her hand pushing it down taking the rubber band out of her hand and did one for her, almost shaking as she watched me tie her hair up.

"wow, ethan know how to do a ponytail." she said impressed looking in the mirror, i chuckled and grabbed her hand, "lets go." i said grabbing her water and tossing it to her good hand. i pushed her to the exit following behind her. before she ran into the field she turned around and gave me a hug, she let go and smiled as she looked at me. she turned around and ran into the field to warm ups.

the whole game, i couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. that was the best kiss in my whole life, i can't even describe it. for how many times we've been interrupted before we finally had the chance and she initiated it. it felt amazing and i smiled as i watched her sprinting on the field with the ball at her feet as i chanted her name. "go zendaya!!!" me and all my friends cheered as she took a shot and it hit the back of the net. she turned around sprinting to kate and giving her a good hard chest bump, i laughed watching them and daya turned looking into the crowd as her eyes searched and stopped on me. she did a funny dance smiling at me and then walked back to the middle of the field.