Chapter 3: "I'll talk, only because I trust you"

Dave and Theodor tried so hard to convince Alvin to talk, they both tried everything even the pleading. Nevertheless, it was useless, because Alvin insisted to act as if there was nobody around. Heck, they even called the Chipettes to help them. With Brittany, Jeanette and Eleanor screaming, begging and pleading Alvin to talk, only to prove that he wasn't giving up. They all sat down in the couch after the sad chipmunk went to his bed again.

Brittany: UGH! Why isn't he talking? I want to go there and make him talk whether he liked it or no!

Eleanor: No Brittany! You could make things worse.

Jeanette: Okay calm down everyone, don't forget that Simon is here, maybe he could do something. Right, Simon?

Simon: I... I'll try...

The Chipettes, Dave and Theodor took a long time in trying that the sun went down. Simon was their last hope to solve the mystery of Alvin's sadness. The smart one went upstairs and to their bedroom where Alvin was. The sad chipmunk, as usual, didn't react. Simon sighed and sat down the bed near him, with a little hope.

Simon: I can't tell, but I still have a weak hope with you. If you don't wanna talk, it's okay. I just wanted to say that the sad Alvin is much worse than the regular Alvin, I wanted to say that I miss the messy troublemaker Alvin I lived with. I may say that you're an idiot and perhaps the worst brother I had, but in fact... I liked you in the way you were, and your depression is killing me and making me regret the time I wasted on arguing with you instead of... You know, be the brother you wanted even for a short time.

Before Simon left, a voice, and a sore one, talked... "Okay... If you insist..."

Simon looked at Alvin with shock; Alvin finally talked...?

Alvin: I am going to talk, but only because I trust you to keep it secret.

Simon: Why? Is it that bad?

Alvin: I-... It's just-... I can't talk to anyone about it, but I must see if you're really going to keep this between you and me... Because if someone knew about it, I'll... *Watery eyes*

Simon: Okay, I give you my word.

Alvin: I... I don't know if...

Simon: *Sad, and a bit annoyed* Ugh... Okay, Alvin. I vow with the brotherly bond and the love I hold for you I am not going to let anyone know about this... Just tell me!

Alvin: Okay fine, let's just go to a place where nobody could hear us

Simon: Fine, my lab is a safe place, I installed a sound proof shield in its walls not too long ago, nobody can hear us.

Don't stop reading now, things are gonna get interesting ^^'