Chapter 12

Did you like that little cliffhanger I gave you? No? Okay... But y'all are gonna hate this chapter even more.

"Madison? Madison, please wake up.," a voice pleaded, frantically. My head felt like it had been hit by a baseball bat and made a home run. I groaned and tried to rub my eyes, but I couldn't. My eyes shot open and I realized my hands were tied behind me. I looked up and saw the others were in the same situation as I was.

"W-where are we?," I asked.

"Some sort of cell. We don't know where.," Macy answered..

"Okay. Is there something sharp in here?," I asked, an idea already forming to, at least, get the bonds off.

"They didn't disarm us. I'm guessing because they weren't smart enough to realize our weapons came from jewelry.," Brian stated, matter-of-factly. I grinned.

"Perfect.," I said. I bit my lip in concentration and pulled on what I thought was the dagger charm on my bracelet. I was met by the pleasant sound of my dagger hitting the hard cement floor.

"Aha!," I exclaimed in triumph. The others eagerly watched as I focused once more. I willed the dagger to begin sawing at the thick ropes that bound my wrists.

I had almost gotten through when the door began to open. I immediately tapped my bracelet, returning my dagger to its place. I gently tested my bonds and sent out a mental message to the others.

I can easily rip through the rest of my bonds if I need to, but I'll wait for the right opportunity.

To say they were shocked would be an understatement, but they quickly gained control of their expressions when Will Alkyr walked in. Each of us scowled at him.

"You. What do you want with us?," Brian sneered. The guy must've been a bit crazy because he actually chuckled before answering.

"The master wishes to speak with the four of you.," he said. My eyes widened in realization.

"Adrian. You work for Adrian Grimm!," I exclaimed. He only rolled his eyes and created more shadow warriors to push us forward. We had no choice but to follow.

We were led through several twists and turns until we entered a large room. And standing in the middle was Talli Zimmerman talking to the man from my dream. Adrian Grimm, the son of Perses. He grinned evilly at me.

"Of course, you know who I am, but your friends don't.," he said. He turned to them and gave them a little bow. "I am Adrian Grimm, son of Perses."

Alex looked like something a little short of terrified. Brian and Macy only scowled.

"What do you want with us?," I demanded.

"To get you out of my way. Obviously.," Adrian said, sarcastically. He then stared right into my eyes and I felt the blood drain from my face. I recognized those lava red eyes, now.

"Maddie? What's wrong?," Brian asked. I no longer felt sad about my parents' deaths. I felt angry.

"He did it. He possessed my brother and murdered our parents.," I said through gritted teeth.. Brian and Macy gasped in shock before glaring hatefully at the son of Perses. Alex growled.

"So it's your fault!  You ruined both our lives!," he shouted. Adrian smirked.

"I could sense that you would eventually be a problem for me, so I decided to make you miserable.," he stated, never taking his evil eyes off of me. I fought the urge to rip through the rest of my bonds and throttle the creep.

Wait for it, I thought. He'll get what he deserves.

"What are you going to do to us?," I asked aloud. 

"Your friends will probably rot in the cells. I only brought them to see their expressions.," he paused and I stared at him in confusion. "When I do this!"

Suddenly, he lunged towards me, a dagger in his hand. And it was aimed at my heart.

Time seemed to slow down. Macy and Brian were screaming and struggling to break free, but their shadow warrior guards held them back. I was too terrified to move or even use my powers to stop him. I closed my eyes tightly, awaiting Thanatos to take me. But it never came.

I opened my eyes and saw Alex lying on the floor in front of me. With a dagger hilt-deep in his stomach.

NOOO! What will happen next?! Guess you'll have to wait until tomorrow. ;) DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!