Chapter 12: "Why me David?"

Start from the beginning

-You won’t believe it girls-Tom said-Mika had this diva breakdown and quitted…-

-You gotta be kidding Tom!-I said-C’mon it’s a party!! It’s her time to shine!!-

-Yeah that’s a shame…but we’re all here! We can’t let this party go down innit?-He gave us a smile and he focused on me.

-What…does that smile mean?-I asked kinda fearing what he was about to say.

-Wanna sing with us tonight?-

***

I took a deep breath…was it something I love? Yes. Of course, but that didn’t mean I wasn’t in shock. There was this huge need to make it perfect, you never know who’s in the crow and I’m having this crazy luck lately.

The guys managed to perform most of the night without me, you must know the bar was absolutely packaged; Mel needed me there taking care of the drinks along with her, was not the best idea to just go and spend the whole night playing the artist…

-C’mon hun’-Tom took his hand out to me. I took it and slowly stepped on the stage, being careful not to fall, for this time they gave some huge pumps-Oh my gosh you look stunning-

-I probably look really weird-I looked down blushing.

-You don’t –He gave me a light hug-I know how much you wanted this chance sweetheart, now rock it. You know this song right? You heard us practicing a thousand times…-

-Yes, by heart. Don’t worry-

I didn’t want to talk very much, for the audience it’s a bit annoying about it, but Tom saved my neck and he was the one who did it.

-So peps! Tonight we’re glad to introduce you:Jade! Please give her some love-I heard people clapping randomly. Oh God…thanks to the fact I was all painted in white, no one could ever see I was as red as an apple.

-Hi everyone-I said shyly and maybe all I could hear was silence. My eyes turned to Tom who gave me a reassurance nod and well…here I go.

I’m in love with a zombie boy…but his heart is so cold…

The song kinda took me to the depths of my feelings, was actually describing this crazy-I don’t know what it is-thing with David. Maybe I was able to reflect it because I was noticing the amount of attention was rising over and over.

Cold cold freezing freezing got my heart beating beating…

***

-That was absolutely brilliant!!-I felt Tom’s bones crushing hug when I was already in backstage-Where were you hiding little dude?!-

-Um I think right behind the bar-I was looking for my shoes-Where I am supposed to be by now actually…-

-No joke sweetheart, you are definitely something. We need to arrange some practices with you and slowly take you to some more stages. We really need you with us-

-Thank you endless much Tom-I gave him and a smile and a hug and went back to my normal job: Bartender.

I was asked several times by the costumers If I was the same girl singing and it was even funny that they took some funny selfies with me.

-Look at that!-Mel said with a wide smile-You’re so gonna be at the top. Mark my words-

-I wish…I hope-

-Sure you will-She patted my back and we both started to take more orders. Long night ahead.

***