Chapter 15 "A ball to die for"

JADE’S POV

I was changing my clothes already, work was over. It was hard sometimes to sing and to work as a bartender, but it was all we could manage to agree with the owner, I wanted to sing but I also needed my other job...Anyway I had free days just for myself coming up because it was my…

-Happy Birthday!!-I saw Mel walking in with Leo holding a cupcake with a candle. They tried to sing but gave up midway.

-We’re so bad at singing dear, I am sorry-Mel came closer and squeezed me quite hard-I wish you the best for your new year. I know it’s gonna be rocking, ok?-Leo hugged me too while Mel was still there.

-Blah blah blah same as Mel, but damn honey you have already that hottie what else can I wish for you!!-

-aww you guys are so cute!-

I ended up blowing that blue candle on top of the cupcake, wishing for so many things…

-Are you 2 finally coming to celebrate tonight?-Leo asked.

-Oh! Right…well David said we could go later on, maybe after midnight. Would you text me the address where you will be at?-I said.

-Of course hun-Mel said-We wanted it to be surprise…but with you two lovebirds…it's kinda hard-

-I would go anyway!-

-Right…we can’t compete against mr. Chelsea…-Leo said pretending to be hurted.

-Hey…-

-We’re joking honey-Leo said.

-Well now pack your things and go to sleep, your days will be a roller coaster, you need to rest!-

-Right…-I grabbed my bag. The sun was already hitting the window. It was a long way home I was already longing to feel my covers…

****

I was having the loveliest of dreams with him..yeah…again. But talking seriously, he was so much of a dream lad in real life, that it was hard to separate memories from dreams.

A knock on my door woke me up, it was already 2pm. I groggily checked my phone, I thought it was him…but there were no messages to read. I just…rushed to open the door.

-Miss Woods?-A guy holding a huge basket said.

-Yes…?-

-Happy birthday-He passed me the basket. I could tell by the few things my eyes spotted, it was full with beauty stuffs…plus it smelled delicious.

-Thank you-I said putting it fast on the nearest table.

-Can you sign me here please?-

-Sure-

Once I closed the door I took the basket to my bed, I was pretty sure it was from David, but to my surprise, it was from Frank and his family. That was so lovely of them! I barely knew them.

As I said it was packed of quite expensive beauty gifts…I only wished I had a bathtub…Anyway, I’m so using them to take my shower right now.

David said he would pick me up at 3:30…that I should pack a small bag to pass the night over at the hotel where the event was taking place. I packed my basic luggage yesterday but I think I will add some of Frank’s gifts.

I was wearing my regular clothes and was even falling asleep again waiting, when the knocking brought me back to life again (I was going to need like hundred Redbulls today…God).

I ran again, thinking it was David, but as soon as I opened the door, there was this other guy…

-Miss Jade Woods?-