Chapter 12: "Why me David?"

-Can you stay still please??-The makeup artist grabbed my head and made me look at her. My eyes were all watery for the amount of makeup she was putting on me.

Making myself clear, our bar was throwing a Halloween party called “A hell of a party”, and we were supposed to be all dressed as demons. Our boss hired a makeup artist team because her idea was to transform us into some amazing creatures…oh well…

I was unsteady because all I could hear was my phone ringing over and over and I wasn’t even able to move.

-But I just want to answer my phone-I took my hand out , moving it in vain in the air.

-Damn girl…you look desperate-I heard Mel’s voice next to me. Then the sound of her looking inside my bag made me tense-Ok, here’s your phone. It’s just a whatsapp message…-Her voice trailed off, somehow I knew she read something that made her stop. I felt the light weight of my phone on my lap.-Really Jade…?-

When I opened my eyes Mel was not there.

-There you go, you’re an adorable demon-The girl in front of me made that face I was getting now used to. That one when they seemed about to pinch my cheeks.

I stoop up, didn’t even check how I looked like.

Whatsapp

David: Hey gatinho.

And there was this picture of him shirtless just with a towel and a foam beard. I think it was supposed to be funny just…that…yeah I have been denying at all cost anything between us to Mel and it didn’t seem like it at all.

David: I don’t know what you’re doing but…hey I kinda miss you. Can we meet after your party?

David: umm…nevermind I must have sounded totally stupid.

Oh well I think I need to tell Mel now after all. I rolled my eyes and went to the bar where I saw Mel cleaning unnecessarily the tables.

-Hey mate…-I said with a lower tone.

-Right….mate…-She kept herself giving me her back no matter how much I was trying to face her.

-Hey…hey…c’mon Mel!-I pulled her arm a bit.

-Nothing’s going on Jade right?-She snorted.

-Can we talk?...do you even understand the situation?...no right?-I took my place beside her, pretending we were organizing things ,even thought they were already set up.

-So?...I am waiting for your explanation-Mel said-you’re dating this Chelsea lad right?-

-Not exactly…we’re nothing…just…hanging around-

-I think you are aware of you being the second dish in that table are you?-Her look was full of concerned.

-Yes…but…I …I don’t know what to do Mel. See, I like him and I enjoy being with him…But this is not getting us anywhere-

-Ow…Honey…-She stopped her act of being mad at me and I felt her hand on my back-This is so wrong…You’re actually doing this just because you want him near no matter how…and this will so kill you at the end-

-Don’t even talk about it…-I let my head fall on the table-As soon as his girlfriend comes I will have to disappear…-

The noise of some palms hitting the main bar made me straight up myself.

-Girls!-

-What is it Tommy?-Mel asked-You were supposed to be here later. We’re not even open yet hun-