Chapter 13: In your room

The Alarm woke me up to another day. It was my free day but I wanted to go out with Mel, taking her always there offer to come with me when I was going to buy clothes. I got ready quickly and barely drank coffee for breakfast.

It was after noon, when I was already heading my way to the shopping mall she said we would find almost all of the stores named in my hardly used coupons. My birthday was coming and who knows what plans can come out that day or later…or never, but I better buy something just in case. It’s not lovely being asking for some clothes to your friends because you actually don’t have anything useful in your closet.

Once there, I realized it was a bit early. I took a seat in a Dunkin’ Donuts and got myself a huge black coffee.

What happened my last weeks was moving between some little rehearsal with the bar’s band (because Mika never came back) and….David…yes, he was there in my thoughts almost every second, I tried to forget everything and just move on. But I couldn't…I couldn't pretend I didn’t mind the way he treated me and the way I felt “used”…but I let this happen right? It’s actually all my fault. Last time we met, he was “kicking me out” of his house because the maids were coming anytime soon. I got one of his hoodies with me to cover my face and left without any problem. That was mainly all, he didn’t contact me again and no matter how many times I stared at the screen of my cell phone wanting to write anything to him, I held myself back…BUT I didn’t get any message from him, not even his usual funny selfies. That was making me endless sad right now. Maybe this was all over.

-Boo!-Mel called behind my back making me jump-Ohh Jumpy much?-She hugged me-How are you Jadey?-

-Been better. A bit tired…-I answered smiling weakly.

-We’re going shopping…now cheer up! C’mon…girls are JUST NOT SAD when shopping ok?-

-Alright!-I rolled my eyes and let myself being dragged by her.

***

-So you’re asshole mate didn’t say anything about any invitation to your birthday?-

-…Let’s not talk about David want you?-

-I am just asking if you have any date planned-

-We’re not dating…or anything?-

-Ok…-Mel stayed frozen in the middle of the store-Oh my God…that dress Jade…-

-What dress…?-She took my head with her hands and made me look at this amazing dress…it was all black with a long flare skirt and some shinny stones around the waist…it looked designed especially for a princess.-Oh, that dress- She pulled my arm until we were close enough for her to admire it.

-It’s your size and all Jade-Her high pitched voice was scaring me. She turned around and gave me some puppy eyes.

-I am so no getting your look Mel-

-You gotta buy it!-

-What for??-

-I don’t know!-

-Mel, do you realize I would never have a chance to wear this ,right?. It’s for an extreme glamorous event or place…those where I don’t go by the way. I won’t lie, it is stunning beautiful but, I don’t need it babe…-

-Finee-She rolled her eyes-Would you excuse me?-

-Ok. I will keep on searching for something-

-Catch you up-I saw her walking a bit away and using her phone. I turned around and focused into another night dress, one I would actually need or use.