"I am not staying here that long."

"Why do you keep thinking you have a choice?"

"Why do you not?" I quickly add.

"Because I have seen what he can do. Why do you think I even did any of this? It wouldn't be my own personal choice." Landorian shouted, not hiding his rage. "I loved my life, then he reappears and now look at what I'm back to."

"Seems like more of a reason to get the hell out of dodge." I shrug. "He does not get to tell me what to do. I am not scared of him."

"Maybe you should be, and on that note, remind me to never introduce you to King Henry. That's Henry the eighth. I can imagine how you'd end up Ms Boleyn." He made a croaking sound as he ran a finger across his neck.

"Oh a Magician and comedian!" I roll my eyes and go back to my books while he retires to his chambers or some other nonsense.

The whisky I get myself goes down well, too well, and as I crack the second bottle I move to sit in front of the fire as the night gets colder. I'm starting to feel sorry for myself as the doubt of getting out of here starts to sneak in. My glass is forgotten and I drink straight from the bottle, staring at the fire until my eyes water and I have to look away.

Glancing up, the man in the picture is jumping around and waving at me. He runs to the bookcase and points again, seemingly thrilled he finally has my attention. I look back and forth a few times until I finally get up and stagger to the actual structure. The red spine stands out and getting the ancient book back to my chair, beautiful hand drawn pictures with scrolling texts greets me.

"This one?" I ask him, and he nods eagerly. "You're helpful. You couldn't have stepped in like, I dunno, within minutes of me arriving?"

He shrugs and I open the millionth book of the night.

"Lesser gods and other deities?" Yet as I flick through it, the pages are empty. "It would be more helpful if it had words or pictures in it. Maybe even a whole chapter on time travelling?"

The painting man nods as the flames of the fire crackle and roar uncharacteristically distracting me for a moment. Before I can close the empty book, the pages begin to turn, and watching it cautiously, a portrait appears of a young, childlike boy; Aion. Related to Cronus, which of course he had to be, this guy was also associated with time, in a more infinite way.

"This is who we need to see." Only I had no where he was or if he would help us.

After getting lost twice, I managed to get myself to Landorians room. Two knocks and no answer, I hesitantly opened the door to find him laying in bed. Creeping in, the amount of noise the old door had made should have been enough to wake the dead.

"Landorian?" I stop beside him and give him a little nudge.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You don't even know what I was going to say, I could be asking for a tour of the kitchen." I sigh. "But I think I do have a way-"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You might if-"

"No one here will help you. We are stuck and its wise to do as Cain wishes. Good night."

I stood there for a second, trying to clear my mind a little. I'd learnt what his presence felt like, and it wasn't quite this. Plus his tone was flat, repetitive.

"Are you ok?"

"Good night." He repeated.

"Just, can you please look at me for a second?"