Chapter Two

Chapter Two: Attained
Warning: Graphic details. Viewer discretion is advised.

I had grown silent after some time

I had grown silent after some time. But I would not sleep. I stayed quiet, just feeling the hours pass by. By now, it was the dead of night, no light at all, not even the moon tonight. I was startled when I heard the tent flap open and heavy steps. I knew it was the man. He was back. I stayed still, or as still as I could, trembling beneath the blankets.

He must have noticed because he said, mockingly, "You're still cold? I can help warm you up..."He yanked the blankets off me, causing me to whimper and look up at him. But the next thing I knew, he was on top of me, grabbing my wrists tightly and pushing them into the bed. My eyes grew blurry again, even though I thought I had cried all I could.

I tried to pull my arms away, I tried to buck him off, but I felt like I had no energy left, my muscles seizing up like a dying spider.

"No-... Stop." My voice wasn't more than a whisper.

I was terrified. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't move, I couldn't fight."Don't worry. You'll learn to enjoy it." He grumbled as he began to claw at my thin clothing, easily tearing it apart.

"N-no!" I forced the word out, and it was more like a yell.

But this was not taken well. A hand collided with my cheek, easily discombobulating me. Floating along the edge of consciousness, I could feel the stinging of my cheek, and something warm trickling down my cheek.

And then some commotion from outside the tent. It was more fighting. Growling, the man pushed off of me, before shifting and bursting out the door. Ferocious barks and snarls ripped through the air. This was time to escape. I followed the chain to the pole in the center of the room and pulled on it, as hard as I could. I yank and yanked, but It wouldn't let loose. I set my bare, aching feet against it and pulled at the chain, pushing with my legs.

Then I heard the crunching of snow outside the tent, so close it was audible even over the fighting. With a whimper, I dove behind the makeshift bed, curling up in a ball. Making a racket with the chain in the process. I silently cursed at it.

The steps stopped for a second before someone entered the room. They stepped in slowly, pacing a bit around the room. I knew that they knew I was here.

"Come out... there's no use hiding. I can smell you. And... The chain you wear leads right to you." His voice was cold as the snow.

I stayed still a second, my chest heaving up and down as my heartbeat pounded in my ear. Sucking in the cold air, I slowly peeked my eyes over the bed. My eyes met with his. They were dark, always black as night and cold as ice. I hesitated a moment as he stepped closer.

"That's it... Nice and easy. I'm not going to hurt you." He said, softening his voice.

I didn't trust it, but I didn't want to test this man. I moved ever so carefully from behind the bed, yet keeping a good distance between us. His eyes traveled over my tattered clothing before he pulled his cloak made of thick animal pelt and tossed it to me. It sat at my feet and I stared at it for a few seconds.

Then I glanced up at the man. "It... It isn't made of.. w.. wolf... is it?" I softly whispered to the man.

"It's bear..." He shook his head with a look of disgust. "We aren't like these sick fucks."

I nodded my head and whispered a thank you, slipping it over my shivering body. He narrowed his eyes at me a few seconds as if studying me. I tried to ignore it, but I was terrified. I just stood behind the bed, trembling. He glanced at the opening in the tent, then at me.

"I'll be back... Have a seat." He narrowed his eyes at me before stepping out.

I could still hear a tussle outside. Which made me nervous. I felt one of the wolves from this... pack? would come in and kill me. But I did as I was instructed. I sat down on the bed, quietly waiting.

A few minutes passed by and the sounds died down. Then, a few more minutes passed before I heard the crunching of the snow along the tent's perimeter. The man from before stepped back in, followed by another.

I swear my eyes were as wide as the moon herself when I saw him. He had such a looming presence, it was so intoxicatingly intimidating. Instinctively, my eyes dropped to the ground so I never quite got a good look at him. But I knew he was staring straight at me. I let out a quiet whimper.

"I thought you might find her of interest... She smells so strange." The man with the dark eyes said.

"She's not a wolf." The man that stood in front of me said. "But she doesn't smell disgusting like a human. Besides, they all died years ago."

There was a moment of silence and fidgeted with my cold fingers. I kept my head down but dared to glance up. My eyes met russet ones. The color was so vibrant though, it almost looked like the rusty color of blood. I felt faint again suddenly. The man seemed to tense up as I held his gaze for a second. He almost looked alarmed. But blinking, he morphed back into the stoic look he held before.

"What are you?" He asked me, his voice gruff.

"Wh.. What? I don't know... I don't..." I quickly felt a feeling of being flustered as I tried to remember. How can I not know what I am?

"Well, what's your name?" He tried again.

My face quickly contorted into a look of panic and confusion. I didn't know. I couldn't remember what my name was. Suddenly, I was holding my chest, sucking in small breaths, and breathing out just as little. It was like, just a feeling of such fear consumed my body. I looked up in my dazed state, to see the eyes of the men. They looked confused as well.

"I-I... I don't. I ... don't.. reme... remember." I squeaked between gasps of air.

If I wasn't in suck a panicked state, I would have been surprised that the man with red eyes had stepped forward and kneeled in front of me. I wasn't sure if he was concerned or if it was the fact I wasn't in quite aware of everything, but it did seem like there was a bit of genuine worry. He placed to big hands on my arms, causing my body to tense up before focusing in on him. It was like, for a second, there was nothing but him in the world.

"Calm down. Take a breath in." I sucked in a deep breath. "And out." I sighed out the breath.

"Again. In.. and Out."

I repeated it a few times until I had calmed down. The man stood up again and glanced at the man beside him before crossing his arms in front of him, a crinkle appearing between his eyebrows as he looked at me.

"Well, I guess you're mine now... so.." He walked to the point where I was attached to and easily broke the chain. "Now all we need is a name for you."

"I... am not a pet..." I frowned a bit.

"No... But you are my mate... Which means you now belong to me." A look crossed his face. It was cold, and yet, it held a playfulness, as if he was daring me to say something about it.

"Your mate..? I don't even. Know your name!" I cried out.

"Oh yes, my bad. My name is Alpha Erasmus."