[2]

W E  A R E  T H E  P O I S O N E D Y O U T H

W E A R E T H E P O I S O N E D
Y O U T H

The slumber you had managed to indulge yourself in had been blissful, one of the best periods of sleep you've had in a while

The slumber you had managed to indulge yourself in had been blissful, one of the best periods of sleep you've had in a while. Living without Tom for a month had been hard, as the life you lived was rather dangerous. No matter how many times you continued to strongly prove to Tom that you could handle the job, he would always turn the cheek. But, you couldn't be mad, he was only trying to protect you and you knew if it where the other way around it would only be the same. While he was out somewhere in New York doing dirty work you were finishing off finding yourself a job in order to correctly execute the robbery. It was sort of an experiment, you might say, figuring a tactic you wouldn't use again; it took far too long.

You didn't have a set place to live just yet, as you were currently living with James and Jule's, the Miller twins. You'd located yourself in Auburn, New York, which was the exact waypoint between London and the big apple. Travelling around was key as to not get recognised, performing robberies in the same area would not only raise a huge red flag, but it got boring.

You'd been awake for around twenty minutes, but you remained as though you were still sleeping, listening to the radio gently playing away to itself as Tom was clearly in a world of his own. He was set back, relaxed, hands on the wheel as he drove the last quarter mile to the motel you were planning on staying in for the evening. You'd been sitting, staring, watching him closely from under the blanket that covered your half-naked form from the car seat beside him, noticing the way his jaw tilted and clicked as he thought, or the way he'd bite and lick his bottom lip every time you turned a corner. Eventually, the time came where you shifted, sitting upright cross-legged in your seat, stretching out your arms with a yawn.

"Oh, good, you're awake" Tom smiled, his eyes averting towards you, hair a mess and shirt crumpled against your skin, "sleep well?"

"Sure did" you nodded, slipping the blanket around the wrap it around your shoulders. "How far away are we?"

"Not too far, a couple more minutes and we'll be there" he sighed, scratching the back of his neck as he yawned out, taking in a deep breath. The drive had been long, even longer with the bags under his eyes and sleep calling his name. Yet the buzz kept him alive, knowing he'd yet again made another success and the money was beginning to pile up.