Chapter Eight: Flight Plan

Start bij het begin

I tried my best to avoid Jack and Finn in the two days leading up to Playlist Live. I used the excuse that I needed to pack and spend some time with Carrie; they believed me a little too easily. I let everything spill to Carrie the night before the flight when we were eating Chinese takeaway and watching Disney films. She called Finn and Cherry some very colourful names and asked me how and when I was going to confront Finn. I told her that I intended to ask Finn about it towards the end of Playlist Live as not to ruin the trip for everyone. I hoped Finn would be honest with me and we could part on good terms, Carrie asked me if I was really ready to break up with him. I told her that I couldn't stay with someone who cheated on me and lied to my face.

PJ had been calm on the phone, I was angry and upset when I called him but he didn't lose his composure once. He listened to my rant and chuckled when I mentioned punching Finn, he said that I needed to confront Finn before Playlist Live actually starts because I shouldn't have to act like a couple just to please the fans. I knew he was right; I made a mental note to confront Finn at the YouTube opening night party. What could possibly go wrong?

I had a bad feeling that I'd come out of the break up as the bad guy, JacksGap fans would blame me despite Finn being the one who cheated. I should have known that this could be a possibility, because when you date someone 'internet' famous you put your relationship in the open for fans to judge. If they sent me death threats and called me degrading names now, how much would that intensify by in a few days time?

I had to end this relationship, I couldn't continue smiling and kissing Finn when he had cheated on me with someone I considered a friend. I'd made videos with Cherry and everything and she acted so nice to my face. Would she be at Playlist Live? Maybe because I'd heard down the grape vine that she'd been invited. Oh god what if I dumped Finn and he got with Cherry straight away? I'd look like an idiot in front of the entire YouTube community. If more hate was what I was going to receive then so be it, I would deal with whatever crap was thrown my way.

"Hello, earth to Alice, is anyone in there?"

I was bought out of my internal rant by Zoe who was clicking her fingers in front of my face. I mentally rolled my eyes, so we were already back to this. I batted her hand away from my way and huffed at her.

"Yes I'm in here. Sorry I just spaced out for a couple of minutes."

Zoe looked concerned and sat down on the airport bench next to me; she cupped my hands in hers and removed a stray strand of hair out of my face.

"Alice, you went to get coffee fifteen minutes ago. I was sent to find you because we board soon."

Fifteen minutes, had I really spaced out for that long? I hadn't even gotten the coffee I apparently came for. I just had so much on my mind at the moment, I was ready to burst but I didn't know how to tell Zoe about my situation. She was close friends with Jack and Finn and I didn't want her to have to choose sides because of me.

"Well then Zoe we better get back to the others, I'm not craving coffee anymore. But if anyone asks please don't say anything about finding me this way; I don't have all the answers yet."

Zoe tilted her head to the side and shot me a confused look, I'd been acting odd these last couple of days and maybe she was a little suspicious of my behaviour. Zoe was smart, I knew she'd figure it out sooner or later, I prayed for later.

"There are my two lovely ladies; I thought we'd lost you to Zoe."

Alfie bounded up to us, his cheerful attitude immediately lifted me up. Zoe took my hand and pulled me up off the bench. Alfie linked his arm through my other so that I was wedged between the happy couple. Why couldn't I have a strong relationship like there's? Was it really too much to ask?