“You should not wear it more often.” I look up at him shocked, he stares at me with a sheepish smile on his face.  How can anyone think I look good without makeup?

"Thanks." I give him a small smile. He passes me my plate and I begin to eat breakfast. Harry sits on his phone while I eat breakfast. We don't say anything to each other until I'm done eating.

"I'm ready to go." I tell him as I put a piece of gum in my mouth.

"Okay, one second and I will be ready to go." He puts his phone in his back pocket before he runs out of the kitchen.

"Okay I'm ready to go." He comes running down the stairs a few minutes later. Even though I want to know what he was doing I don't ask.

---

We get to first period and everyone is paired off, so Harry and I are put together for the assignment, which is creating an eight clay tile sculpture that shows what we want for our future. Everyone is paired up, so we can help each other. Apparently this is our midterm for this class, the grade we get on this will be sixty percent of our final grade.

"I can't do anything." I point out when Harry and I sit down. I can't do crap with my sprained wrist.

"Come up with what you want your four tiles to be and I can help you make them." He places his hand on my shoulder, he doesn't say anything else he just stares at me...

"Think about what you want for your future." He adds, looking deeply into my eyes. He pats my hand, before getting up and walking over to the supplies. I sit back in my chair and tap my fingers on the table, and think about what I want my future to be.

"Think of something?" Harry asks, as he places the supplies on the table (paper, color pencils, rulers, etc.).

"Not really." I lie.

"Don't lie to me, what did you think of? What was the first thing that popped into your head?" He pushes.

"Family, I want a real family." I whisper so only he can hear me. He leans in close, lifts his hand, placing it on my cheek, his thumb caressing my cheek, as he stares into my eyes.

"I wan-"

"Eva and Harry, this is not the place nor the time." Ms. West, our teacher interrupts him. Harry pulls away and I stare at the table to try and ignore the tingling sensation where his hand was, to hide how red my face is, and to try and block out all the ooo's and whistling that's currently being sent our way.

"Shut up." Harry demands, but that only encourages everyone.

"Class be quiet." Ms. West booms, everyone quiets down and goes back to their work. Neither Harry nor I know what to say, so we go back to the assignment. Harry helps me draw out the ideas for my family tile. I still have to come up with the other three ideas. Harry wrote down ideas for his tiles, but he won't show them to me.

"Everyone start cleaning up, class is over in fifteen minutes." Ms. West announces. Harry and I put our rough drafts in our bags before Harry gathers the supplies to put them away.

"Here." Harry picks up my book bag and hands it to me, I put it over my shoulder, grab my purse, before I start walking out of the class. Harry is right behind me until we get into the hallway, he then moves to walk next to me.

"I will meet you by my car after class and I will drive you to lunch?”

"No thanks, Perrie is picking me up." I tell him.

"Oh okay, well ummm--- have fun." He runs his hand through his hair.

"I will see you later, thanks for this morning." I smile at him when we get to Mr. Payne's room.