• 13 •

Lee Eunsang's POV

My brother texted me that he is currently at Hyeongjun's house. He is eating noodles with his Grandmother and his little sister. I wanted to go too, but it seemed in the text he sent me that he didn't want me to go there. What an asshole. I also wanted something hot to fill up my empty stomach in this cold weather.

I was slowly walking in this particular street at the back of our university when I saw an ad being swept away by the wind. Not because it was an important advertisement, but because it was colored pink and has its cute pastel color. And I love pastels, specifically pink. I picked up the ad and I found out it was an ad for a newly opened pet-café near the university. I quickly placed the advert inside my backpack, and I walked to the address.

Walking was not that tiring, because the place was nearer than I thought. And looking at the façade of this place, I think I found a new safe haven. I was greeted by a pink big sign that says "Husupoo Pet Café" with paw signs scribbled all over the banner. The place was covered with thick pink curtains that were blocking the view from the inside.

The sign on the door says it is open yet I don't want to enter yet because my anxieties are kicking in. I might be mistaken or something like that. But my gut feeling is telling me to push that fucking door and enter the freaking cute shop already. After debating internally, I decided to enter the café and for the first time in my life, I think I made the perfect decision at least once in my life.

The place was filled with cute stuffed animals and cute bean bags in the whole place. The tables were nicely arranged and the counter looks absolutely stunning. The whole place was just breathtaking. I saw several students taking photos and stuff like that, and drinking coffee from pet-shaped cups that I think were custom-made.

I found an empty spot near the corner of the café and placed my backpack on top of the table. The guy from the counter approached me and gave me a menu that was also scribbled with paws and many pet silhouettes. I opened the first page and read that it was just dedicated for the coffee and other drinks they have.

The moment I flipped the page, I saw the total haven that place was offering. The desserts were shaped and name after dogs and cat breeds. There was this cookie that was shaped like a cat with whiskers made of chocolate syrup. There is also this red-velvet sticks that were shaped like dog bones that made me curious and smile.

If the second page was heaven, the third one was eternity. It says there that you can freely rent a pet during your stay, just leave any I.D in the counter and you will be given the pet you wanted. There is also this little vending machine that sells pet-food and other cute stuff that are limited only in this shop.

"What would you like to order sir?" The waiter asked me as I scanned and flipped the pages of the menu repeatedly. "I want half a dozen of these dog-shaped cookies, a strawberry milkshake." I replied while still looking at the menu I front of me. "Can I ask you something?" I motioned the waiter to come near me and he did so. "What is your inquiry sir?" and he shoved his hands inside the pockets of his apron that was colored a pastel purple.

"Are some of your desserts available for take-out? If yes, can I order a take home for a dozen of cat-shaped chocolate cookies?" I replied. I looked upon him and prayed he will answer in the most satisfying way he could, which is a yes. "Sure Eunsang, you can." I was surprised by the time he said my name. I immediately looked up and scanned his face thoroughly and recognized who he is.

"Hey Junho, I didn't think it was you! I thought you were working as a part-timer for that other café, the one where Hyeongjun also works." I remember him working there, I saw him in the counter several times when I went there to grab strong coffee. "As you can see, the owner of that shop also owns and runs this place. And he decided to move some of the part-time workers here." He explained while he held the menu in his big hands.

"So that means Hyeongjun will also be affected by the re-assignment? That means he will also be working here, wearing a pastel purple apron with black paw prints on it?" I didn't have time to breathe as I imagined how awesome and cute it would be to see Hyeongjun in a uniform like this. "Actually yes, and his shift will start next week." I looked once again at Junho and I think my eyes blurred a bit.

"Has anyone ever said that you look handsome in your uniform? If no one, then let me be the first one." I smiled as he smiled back at me, in a weird manner. "Act-actually, no one has ever said that to me. Do I really look good on this uniform? Thank you for the compliment Eunsang!" And he flashed me his million dollar smile that was a very rare sight to see. "You're welcome. But yeah, you really look amazing in that outfit. The clothe and the fabric just hugs your body in the perfect areas." I motioned a coca-cola bottle as I was describing his body. And I am an idiot for doing that.

"Others are already looking at us. Let's talk later after my shift. And I'll go ahead and serve you your order." I smiled at him as he motioned to leave me and take care of business. I thought of very crazy thoughts and fantasies that are very much kinky, I would say. With Cha Junho being the dominant one on top of me. But I was taken back to reality when I heard the bells in the café door open and revealed some young girls in their high school winter uniform.

I redirected my sight towards my phone and scrolled for social media updates that I might be missing. Besides, I need to update my account too, because my profile picture is older than a year already. I took a quick picture of myself in the café, with a peace-sign as a pose. After cringing over several photos that I took, I came up with one photo that stood out more than those I took before.

In the photo, I am doing the peace-sign pose while the background also captured Junho approaching towards my table holding a tray, but also has a smile plastered in his face. What a gorgeous photo-bomber, I thought to myself. "Here's your order Eunsang. I hope you enjoy your stay here." He handed me the cookies and also a box with a ribbon tied around it, and paw prints in it, which I assume is the cookies that I want to take home.

"Uhmm, Eunsang... Can we-" Junho whispered as he bowed down to match my sitting height. "What is it Junho?" I smiled as I took a bite of the cookie I ordered. "Can we hang out tonight?" He smiled as he handed me a piece of folded paper. "Yeah, of course. My place your place?" I sheepishly smiled because I know what is running inside his head right now. "My place." He smiled and returned to the counter. I unfolded the piece of paper and there I saw a phone number, an address, and a message saying 'let's eat ramen.'