As soon as I stopped to look down at my reflection, I gasped to myself as I stared in both horror and awe at my new look.

Long black hair with rose to vermillion color on the side of my bangs-same to the end of my hair, rose colored orb eyes, pale white skin, and that cute face. I'm even wearing a, what is this again? Oh, a kimono. A slanted stripe patterned purple and white kimono, and a pink checkered sash with flower designs on the side in the waist.

If I were to judge my physical appearance, it seems like I'm 8 years old.

And if I weren't confused or in despair at my situation, I might have probably jumped to hug Tanjiro tight and squish his cheeks! He is really cute, and little Kamado boy looks cuter when he was a kid!

"Nee-chan!" Soon, I saw Tanjiro holding me in the arm, as if helping me to stay standing. "Nee-chan, don't run too much! You're body might not take it!"

What?

So now I'm born with a weak and frail body? The nerve of this world and whoever reincarnated me. I'm already happy being in this known fictional world full of demons and cuties, but being borned this frail?

I might just die this way before I face a demon.

"Thanks." I replied in the most sincered way that I could. He guided me towards their house-or our house, which is the same as to what I've seen in the anime.

I never knew being reincarnated in this world is even possible.

"Tanjiro, Amery." A familiar voiced called out. Both of us looked behind and there, my eyes widen a fraction. It was Tanjiro's father-which I can also call my father I presume.

"Papa!" Tanjiro smiled and looked at me, as if asking for permission. I nodded and he guided me towards father. He gently let go of me before jumping towards our father.

He only smiled. He really looked frail, and he still have that hanafuda earrings. Soon, he will be giving that to Tanjiro. Then about that younger sister...what was her name again?

I suddenly felt a tug on my kimono, looking down I saw a little girl with light pink eyes staring at me with a smile. "Onee-chan!"

"Nezuko." I patted her head and smiled as I recalled her name. This cute little girl! It makes me wanna pinch her soft stretchy cheeks to death and scream at the top of my lungs. She leaned in to my touch and giggled.

"Wah, Nezuko!" Tanjiro beamed with a smile, presumably melting towards her sister's cuteness. Nezuko went towards them and hugged the two.

Suddenly, our mother appeared behind with a smile, carrying a little boy who looked like Tanjiro, but his hair is pure black like our mother's. Wait, who is he again? Takeo?

Mother beamed a smile. "Can we join the hug?"

Nezuko giggled and Tanjiro beamed a yes. Our father nodded. In my point of view, they looked like a perfect and happy family. Not until mother stretched her hand out to me.

Me?

"Amery, why are you just standing there?" Mother smiled. "Come here."

I hesitantly touched her hand, before joining the hug.

It never made me feel anything. Afterall, I never cared. Even in my past life-if I consider this as my reincarnated life, then my life before is my past life-I never felt anything towards other people, even if it is my family or friends.

That's just how plain and boring I am.

Quite petty and pathetic.

But somehow, I felt a sudden urge to still have hope, and try to reach out to the last glimmer of light which is sparkling with hope. That someday, I'll be able to be happy.

That someday...

I'll be better.

"I love you mama, papa!" Tanjiro beamed. Nezuko said the same thing. Takeo can only giggle at the moment since he seems to be 2 years old only. And our parents replied the same, before they all looked in my way.

I blinked my eyes. "I-uh..I love you all...too?"

They didn't react at first, and a few seconds later, they all laughed and hugged me, saying the same thing I was never able to hear before.

"We love you too."

~*~

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
A/N:
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

To make things more clear if you didn't read the description of this story and happened to stumble upon this book, the reincarnated character named Kamado Amery is not a character from the anime itself but instead, a character I made for this story.

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
Started: April 2020
Ended: ___________

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

───── ❝ 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 ❞ ─────

𝘊𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘴𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘢 / 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘺𝘱𝘰𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺.