A/N: I bet y'all will be in chaos at the comment section (pardon me if ever there are wrong spellings/grammars tysm)

-

Days before the final selection...

"Kamado-san." Hearing my name called out by Urokodaki-san made me snap out of my thoughts. I was busy thinking of a plan on how I can save Sabito without changing the plot.

Turning to look at him, I forced a smile to cover up my stressed face. "Yes?"

"What do you think of letting Makomo join you three in the final selection?" He asked, not noticing my stressed aura.

I blinked my eyes as I processed the question. Well, I don't see any problem if you ask me, but there is one thing that I am confused about.

When will Makomo go to the final selection anyways?

I'm not sure if she went with Sabito and Giyu, after them, or before them. But the fact that she still hasn't joined means it could be together with us or after.

And as far as I can remember, Makomo also died from the Hand demon. But Sabito is the only one who died in the final selection, which means she didn't go with them at all.

She's lacking in power but she's quite agile, so I'm sure she can join us in the final selection. On the other hand, I cannot bear to witness two deaths by the hands of the Hand demon if ever my plan go wrong.

"I refrained to let her go before when I heard about you to Oyakata-sama." He continued when he didn't got a response from me. "I was debating whether to let her go with a girl or with the two boys."

Crossing my arms, I fell into deep thoughts. So that's why she still hasn't joined, because he's thinking of letting her go with a girl like me. "To be honest, she's already skilled and probably prepared to go but..." if she go with us then I'm sure I'll die first out of anxiety because they'll end up dead by the time they meet the Hand demon and that's double the anxiety when Giyu actually blames himself for blacking out and being weak at the moment.

"..I guess it would be better if she trains more. She's lacking in power but I'm sure she can improve since she's agile." and so that she won't die easily and she can manage to escape if she can't withstand the other demons.

Urokodaki-san seems to ponder about it for a moment, before he nodded his head. "You're right. I must train her more."

I smiled at him. "I'm sure she'll improve more through your training."

Present...

"I actually saved Makomo from death right now." I muttered as I hid behind a tree. If Makomo joined before the two boys could even join, she'll end up meeting the Hand demon and encounter death.

I should give her an advice like just run and escape if you can't defeat them since survival is more important (you know, like the survival mode in ML---scratch that!)

I'm in a very serious situation yet my way of thinking is just so annoying.

Looking back at them, I noticed how Sabito tensed as he gripped his sword tight. I'm sure he's tired and his sword is already worn out from all the demons he killed here.