xᴠɪ

The journey back to the demon slayers' quarters took a while since we need to stop from a village to stay and rest, especially that we also have children in our group.

The kakushis are actually good in their job. They make sure to check and treat other demon slayer's bandages and play with the kids to put away their boredom.

I eyed the kids as I lay down sideways on the tatami floor of the inn we had stayed, my chin rested on my palm, with the box beside me as I took a bite from the bread the kakushis gave me earlier. "They're not demons, are they?"

The box creaked open, revealing Agricius with his red eyes blinking at me. "Nope."

"Even better." I forced to shut the box close before anyone can see him. "You better stay there until we reach the quarters. Just hang on a little longer."

A muffled noise was the only thing I heard coming inside the box, but I'm sure it meant his affirmation.

Stretching my limbs, I heaved out a long sigh. It was a very tiring day, and a very tiring mission in my life. But what do I have to expect? I should not be surprised.

Especially that when we reach our destination, I'll be an official hashira. Guess what hashira?

Fire God Hashira!

Since I decided to use Hinokami Kagura, I'm certain that's what I will be called. But what's got me nervous is the fact that they don't have any idea where and how I learned it.

Ofcourse, I told nobody about it yet. I learned it secretly from father when I had the time to visit home the past few years.

Now how am I gonna explain it?

I can't afford to use Water breathing and take away the title of Water Hashira from either Giyu or Sabito, and I don't want to use Tornado breathing either, since it might be unfair for Akio.

Maybe Oyakata-sama can understand me, right? I'll just say it's a breathing passed on by our ancestors, and I won't say anything else. If they learn that this breathing is somewhat the same to Sun breathing, it will cause an uproar.

I don't like that. Muzan bitch might actually hear the news and have me killed already.

"Amery Kamado! Caw!" I almost forgot about my crow. He flapped his wings as he landed on top of the box beside me. "You'll have to depart tomorrow and meet the other hashiras! Caw!"

I tilted my head on the side as I took another bite from my bread. "What's with the hurry? Is there a problem?"

"There's another soon to be hashira for tomorrow! Caw!" What he said made my eyes widen in shock.

"What!? Who is it!?" Is it Giyu? Or Sabito? Or someone else?

The crow walked towards me before it pecked my bread. I stared at him blankly as he cawed again. "A soon to be Water Hashira! Sabito and Giyu! Caw!"

I held my chin as I put my bread infront of my hungry crow. "So there's two Water Hashiras now."

"Yes! Caw!" The crow happily pecked the bread as I made a face at him. "Oyakata-sama agreed with it! Caw!"