74. thursday, september 2016

Start from the beginning

With Alex, every moment was spectacular and from that she knew that nothing with him would ever be normal. They would love spectacularly and fight just the same. The night before hadn't surprised her, she knew if they ever fought it would create an emotional wave she wouldn't be able to handle for long.

It was worth it though, she knew that as well. It was worth the occasional emotional wave if it meant she got to be at her happiest in every other moment with him. Moments like their showers together, so intimate but fun at the same time.

Alex pinned her up against the wall, kissing the shit out of her. His hot breath tickled her neck, making her laugh. Sometimes they would just kiss and laugh, tickle each other endlessly. Luna was gasping for breath as he kissed her neck and tickled her body.

"Alex, stop." She gasped. "I can't breathe." She cried. He let go, grinning wildly at her and letting the water cascade down him.

"Sorry." He kissed her quickly. She wrapped her arms around his neck and initiated a deeper kiss. He couldn't help but grin, colliding his teeth against hers but neither minded.

Luna broke them apart so she could wash her hair and his. They completed their usual routine of washing their hair and then each other.

Alex rested his elbows on her shoulders at one point, pushing her hair back and revealing her naked face. She looked young without make up on, like the Luna he used to know. He smiled and kissed her forehead before opening the shower door to grab them both a towel.

"Some of my loneliest moments on tour is when I'm in the shower and I have to wash myself." He confessed as he dried  himself. Luna put her hair up in a towel and pouted at him.

"Aw poor Alex, has to shower alone." She teased. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Come on, lets get ready quick. We have a good day ahead." He slapped her bum through her towel wrapped around her and she jumped slightly.

They got ready in their room, passing each other to get to wardrobes and sock drawers. Luna stood in the bathroom and dried Alex's hair before her own as he styled it. They then brushed their teeth together and walked downstairs to get shoes and coats. It was a routine both of them could get used to.

"Where are we going?" She asked as they walked down their road to the nearest tube station. Driving in London was not an option right now, neither of them wanted to sit in traffic.

"It's a surprise." He put his arm around her and they walked side by side to the station.

They travelled two stops on the circle line to Notting Hill Gate and Luna got excited for a moment.

"Wait the bakery I've put a deposit on is here. Let me show you before we go where you want." Alex already knew this but allowed her drag him to the bakery.

They stood outside of the empty shop, it needed a lot of work but that only excited Luna. She couldn't wait to get started.

"I can picture it now. The same sign from Sheffield but with London written under it. I'll need to design and get it made but I already know what it's going to look like. Then inside all the same decor from Sheffield and pictures from that one. It'll be like a little bit of the north down here for us to have." She beamed. Alex looked down at her with a grin, she was so passionate about it.

"Sounds brilliant." He squeezed her shoulder and kissed her head. "I'm so proud." She grinned up at him with excitement.

"So where are we going?" She asked. He licked his lips and grabbed her hand to lead her down the road.

They didn't go far but Luna didn't expect him to stop in the middle of the street, grab her shoulders and turn her around to face a shop.

Ingrid's Interior Design

"What's this?" She asked, not understanding why he would bring her there.

"This is where you're going to make your dreams come alive." He pointed out. Luna still wasn't following.

"What?" She asked. Alex smiled at her obliviousness.

"Ingrid is an old friend and an amazing interior designer and she has agreed to decorate your bakery exactly to your liking." He held out his hand to the shop. Luna stood gobsmacked and her tear ducks welled up.

"What?" She asked, fully understanding now but not believing it. "Really?" She asked. Alex chuckled.

"Yes, really. You were about to spend thousands on an interior decorator that you probably don't even know that well. I know Ingrid, she's a gooden and is doing it as a favour to a friend." He explained. Luna was speechless.

"Are you sure?" She asked. "Alex, why would you do this?" She genuinely couldn't comprehend the nice thing he had done.

"What do you mean? Do you not want it?" He panicked. Luna tried not to burst into tears because she knew it would give the wrong impression.

"No no no, Alex. This is so thoughtful and wonderful. I can't believe it." A tear fell from her eye and he wiped it away with a smile. "Why are you doing this? You really didn't have to."

"What do you mean, Lu? I love you and I'm proud you're expanding your empire. I just want to try and help make that journey smoother if I can." He explained. Luna wrapped her arms around him and squeezed him tightly.

"I can't believe it, Alex. Thank you. This is the most thoughtful thing anyone has done for me." She mumbled into him. Alex almost gasped, how can this be the most thoughtful thing anyone has done for her. It was hardly anything.

"That's alright, Lu. I'd do anything to make you happy." He squeezed her and kissed her when she let go. "Do you want to meet her?" He asked, "she's expecting us."

"Okay." She beamed. He took her hand and they stepped into the shop.

There were photos everywhere of past jobs presumably. Luna squeezed Alex's hand as she looked around while Alex watched her with an amused smile.

"Alex?" Someone asked. Luna turned her head to see a thin mixed raced woman, slightly older than the two of them.

"Ingrid." Alex let go of Luna's hand and walked over to hug her. "This is my girlfriend, Luna. The one I was talking about." He extended his hand to Luna, who stepped forward towards the woman. She was dressed in purple dungarees and a yellow top. Luna liked the look of her.

"Oh yes!" Ingrid beamed. "I love the sound of your vision for your bakery. Alex was aimlessly trying to explain it but I think I grasped the basics but you can explain it more to me and we can get to work." She was exciting and eccentric. Luna looked at Alex with a grin.

"Looking forward to it" she agreed.