Chapter 32: Defeating Pete

Start from the beginning

Max charged and he and Pete fought each other off. Jamie watched to make sure Max was okay as she made her way to the hole. She helped Mickey up then they saw Donald and Goofy, making their way up. Jamie then saw Max struggling against Pete.

"At this rate, I'll take out your girl as well," Pete said.

Then Max saw the other four behind Pete, Goofy not yet seeing Max.

"Wanna bet?" Max smirked.

"That's a sucker bet," Pete said.

"Yeah, and you're the sucker!" Donald said, shoving the crown over Pete's eyes.

Donald and Goofy quickly jumped off the moon and made it to the others. Max tossed Jamie her sword and went to the chest to see if he could unlock it. Pete then pulled the crown off from around his eyes.

"Ready, musketeers?" Mickey asked.

"All for one and one for all," all four musketeers said.

"Uh oh," Pete groaned.

"How's this for a coward?" Donald remarked, poking Pete's eyes.

"How's this for a doofus?" Goofy snapped, ramming himself into Pete's gut.

"How's this for a woman?" Jamie asked, karate-kicking Pete across his face.

"And I may be small, Pete, but I've got friends that make me ten feet tall," Mickey said as Goofy and Donald lifted Mickey up and Jamie put an elbow on Goofy's shoulder with a smirk.

"Aw, nuts," Pete grumbled.

Mickey then punched and the others continued beating him up until finally Mickey cut off the end of his peg leg.

"Timber!" Mickey announced.

"I hate happy endings," Pete groaned.

He landed to the ground with a thud and the audience applauded. Max freed Minnie and Daisy then went behind Jamie. Minnie then approached her.

"Jamie, seeing how Pete was a traitor and that you've proven how trustworthy you are, I would love to make you the new captain of the musketeers," Minnie proposed.

Her eyes widened in shock and happiness. She looked at Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, who had the same expression and they all nodded to her.

"How can I say 'no' to that? I accept," Jamie answered with a smile and nod.

Everyone cheered at that. Then Jamie brought Max to Goofy, ready to see the reunion.

"Goofy, there's someone who wants to see you," she told him.

She brought Max forward and Goofy was in shock.

"Max?" Goofy asked.

"Hi, Dad," Max greeted shyly.

They hugged, Goofy's eyes tearing up.

"I found him in the prison Mickey was in. Pete took him away when he was a kid," Jamie explained as they parted.

"Why wasn't he freed?" Goofy wondered, confused.

"I wanted to, but he was afraid if I did, Pete would come after you. He didn't want you getting hurt or worse," she answered.

"Yeah, Dad. I wanted to see you again, but it was just hard with Pete threatening to hurt you if I got out," Max said.

Goofy sighed and replied, "I'm just glad you're okay."

"You too. I love you, Dad," Max told him.

"I love you too, Maxie," Goofy said.

"Maxie?" Jamie asked with a smirk and an eyebrow raised.

"Don't push it," Max said with an eye roll and chuckle, making Jamie giggle.

Then Minnie and Mickey held hands and looked at each other dreamily. Clarabelle came out and she and Goofy tried to hug, but they just bumped their heads instead, so they just held hands as Goofy laughed. Jamie gently placed her arms on Max's shoulders and he placed his hands on her waist. She kissed his cheek and hugged him close. Then Daisy looked at Donald with a smile and he tugged at the collar of his uniform until she pulled him close and kissed all over his face.

"Daisy. Are you kissing a commoner?" Minnie asked.

"C'est la vie," Daisy giggles the kissed Donald right on the bill.

"C'est I'amore!" Minnie sighed and kissed Mickey right on the lips.

The others shared a kiss with their significant other as the audience cheered and the opera singers sang. The turtle wiped away a tear then continued to conduct until he fell, along with the music stand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This was a fun chapter! 😁