Pub Chatter 5th Edition - December 15, 2019

Start from the beginning

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS –

Don't forget to send in your New Year's Resolutions poems.  We will get them posted here in our collection.  It is always fun to look back over the year and see how you fared with those resolutions.

JANUARY 2020 –

Our first contest of the new year will start on January 1st 2020!! We plan on making 2020 our best year yet!! We have plenty of new things in the works for you in the new year.  We are happy to announce that the Poets Pub will now have a broader presence on social media, with a Facebook page, Twitter as well as an Instagram page.  We will announce it here when we have all of those up and running. 

As always, we invite you all to send in your suggestions for what you would like to see here at the Pub.  You can leave your suggestions down in the comments or send them to us in a PM.

PUBBER OF THE YEAR -

Nominations are now closed we will be announcing the Pubber of the Year later this month.  Thank you everyone who sent in nominations.

WINTER COLLECTION –

Our winter seasonal collection – A Pub Christmas is now (and always) open for submissions.  We encourage everyone to join in and show some holiday spirit by sending in your best holiday poems.  Check the poetry prompts below for some fun holiday poetry ideas.

POEM A WEEK –

Let us know if you are going to take on the Poem a Week/Day Challenge.  All you need to do is create a book on your own profile for the challenge, let us know what book it is and then start writing.  You can also send in your poems to include in our collection here.  Please PM us if you take on the challenge so we can add your name to the participants list.

  Please PM us if you take on the challenge so we can add your name to the participants list

storytellers-saloon

Our December prompt is up and we invite everyone to stop by and participate!!

We already have our first entries for December, stop by and let the authors know what you think.

If you haven't stopped by to read our Write the Story entries yet, I would highly recommend that you take a moment to check them out!!  Then consider send us your entry as well!! If you know anyone that might be interested in this challenge, please, don't hesitate to pass on the information.

Every month I will be posting a new short story writing prompt along with several words to use in the story.  The stories will completely vary in genres.  Please check out our contest book for full details!

Lyttlejoe's Busted Gulch Volume 12:

CG lamented over Billy's situation with Rue, him relegated to being always and forever her protector.  She the helped Ron with a mysterious purchase at the general store.  Brandy ran into an old "friend" Colton Crow, in the ally, he had dispatched the other bounty hunter.  Crow insisted that she go with him, she refused but said she would meet him in Oh Aces.  The doc said Myna was finally well enough to get out of the house, so she loaded up the twins and headed to town.  It was great to see everyone, but it was CG she really wanted to see.  Myna asked CG to be godmother to Lucas.  Jacob and Josie gave their last performances at the circus and let everyone know they were staying in BG.  The strangers in town, Simon and Elwell, had their hired hands build a fence around the land they are planning on acquiring.  They have set up a camp there, it looks like they are to be there awhile, and they seem to be well armed.  After the last performance of the circus, Rue found Jacob drunk and took him to her office.  She tried to sympathize with him and tell him a bit about her and her past, but Jacob passed out.  Sheriff 3Gun got some more information about the strangers in town, they may have something to do with Leo Write, he plans to do some more investigating.  He also dropped of his Christmas shopping list with Manny Ger at the general store, wanting to keep the list hush, hush.