Chapter 17

"H-h-h-hello." I swallowed my pride and let my walls fall letting my anxiety fill every crevice in my body. "Hello there...?" My eyes widened and I stuck my hand out. "Sorry we never got properly introduced earlier seeing I practically beat up your daughter. Which by the way is beautiful like her mother and is powerful like her father. Oh! Off track. I'm Scottland Barton. Adopted-ish child of Natasha and Clint."

She shook my hand and smiled. "Thank you for the compliment and it's no problem she can handle herself. Bellatrix started the fight and she should appreciate that you didn't hurt her too badly." I let my breath out and my face instantly cooled. 'I must have been holding my breath.' A smile lit my face up and she gladly returned it.

"So by what I saw just a couple seconds ago I would say you and my husband are fairly close." She let out a laugh. It was light and cheerful it also reminded me of my mothers. "Yeah you could say that. Bellatrix is lucky to have such a loving father in her life. Clint's a wonderful fatherly figure but he's gone so much that I just don't feel that father daughter connection anymore and I guess that Tony made me feel like a kid again."

"Well I'm Pepper and you can feel free to talk to me anytime dear." She kisses my forehead and I instantly feel her motherly love. "Thank you ma'am." She gripped my shoulder and smiled. "Call me Pepper please."

I nodded gratefully. "Will do" Tony leaned over and kissed Pepper and smiled. "Well we best be off she still has people to meet and Shawarma's to eat." He pulls me out off the door and to another room.

"How did you know you loved Pepper?" I looked at Tony as his face covered with a blush. He rubbed the back of his neck. "It's a long story." I smiled at him and his nervousness. "I have time." He sighed and looked over at me.

"Well, to be honest I was a huge player before I met her. I slept with too many woman to count and never knew any of their names. I tried to think at first Pepper was just another woman I was slightly attracted to and once I got into her pants that everything would go back to normal.

But that feeling never left. This new feeling attacked my gut and I didn't really like it. So like everything else I pushed it aside. And eventually I just gave up and told her how I felt. Pepper jokes that my balls finally dropped that day."

He laughed slightly at this and I joined too also finding it extremely funny. "That's sweet. Not the ball dropping thing. How you kept trying to get the feeling to leave but in reality she held your heart tightly in her grasp." Finally we reached the room. I only think this because Tony stopped. I started to inspect the little I could see.

The door was painted in a galaxy like way and the handle was a silver unlike my door. When we walked in the room was covered with painting of different types of scenery, a large bed was pushed to the wall on the left of the back wall. Black sheets neatly placed and a bedside table littered with Soda cans and candy wrappers. The floor was covered with a tarp under an unfinished painting well the rest were a mixed hardwood. The room looked overly awesome and I was slightly encouraged to do something like that.