e l e v e n

I jolt awake as I hear the slamming of a door. I scramble to my feet at the sound of Peeta Mellark's voice barking orders. Hazelle puts a hand over her mouth as a sob escapes her. Rory, Prim. My hands enclose over the bars and I almost say something but I can't, It's as if my lips are glued together.

Peeta and another guard were dragging the limp body of Gale.

------------------------------ Gale's POV ----------------------------

  My hand slips over Prim's mouth trying to muffle her screams as I press her back into the tree's trunk. Her small hands wrap around my writs trying to tug my hand away from her mouth so she can scream. I was stronger than she was, so she attempt failed horribly. Her small body thrashes.

"Shut up," I growl into her ear.

Capitol soldiers were close by and if they heard her screaming I would be screwed. Prim does stop screaming but she doesn't stop her thrashing. I press her harder into the tree as I hear voices.

"Were was try screaming coming from?!"

"Over there?"

"Haymitch we don't know. We heard screaming but it stopped..."

"Was it the girl or boy?"

"He might have . . . .I don't know . . . would he kill kids?"

I want to laugh. Did Haymitch really think that I would kill Prim and Rory? I couldn't hurt them and I sure as hell didn't have it in me to kill them. My eyes meet Prim's blue eyes.

"Be quiet," I whisper.

   She nods slightly and stands still as I take my hand from her mouth. I look past the tree. I saw six men, guns in their hands as they looked around. I unholster my gun keeping it at my hip. All I can hear is Prim's heavy breathing and the muffled voice of Haymitch. One of the soldier's eyes meet mine and that's when hell breaks loose.

One shoots at me as I duck back behind the tree's trunk. I then run out from behind the tree, quickly shooting at him without aiming. My bullet hits his neck and he falls to the ground, and with that acting, the five other men turn towards me all drawing their guns.

"Put down your gun and no harm will be done." I snarl.

"We only want what belongs to us." A man says, aiming for my skull.

  They wanted Prim but sadly they wouldn't get Prim. I was not going to let another person from the capitol ruin my plans. Haymitch had already ruined many of them over these few years.

"You're not having her," I say, "she's mine."

  One soldier shoots, the bullet makes my body jerk slightly as it comes in contact with my shoulder. I grunt in pain and show no mercy in putting my own bullet in his skull. There were now four of them left. I clutch my shoulder in one of my hands trying to stop the blood as the other grips my Glock tightly.

"I will ask again." They all take a step towards me. "Give us the children."

"No."  I pull the trigger twice this time.

  One bullet hits one in the chest the other hits the other man in the throat. Both fall to the ground and the remanding two grip their guns tightly aiming for me. My shoulder continues to bleed and pain continues to spread down my arm and shoulder. My back starts to ache and It hurts to grip my gun. The solider with the walkie talkie takes a step towards me, his eyes locking with mine.

"I don't want to kill you." He says.

   Please kill me. I wanted to say. I've been trying for two years. Instead of saying what I wanted I pulled my trigger once more as he pulled his. I gasp in pain as my body jerks back, pain explodes in my abdomen. I fall to my knees unable to see if I hit the man or not.

   I can hear the voices of my team coming from behind me, they shout my name. I hear Prim scream once again and I want to scream at her to stop. I look up to see the capitol soldier in front of me, his gun gripped tightly in his hand. The voices of my team get closer along with the screams of Primrose. Our eyes lock and I can see he has no mercy to hurt me once more.

"Put the gun down!"

   I smirk at the man and he mutters something under his breath. He raises his gun but not in a position to shoot. I am to slow to act and the butt of his Glock comes in contact with my temple, and the darkness consumes me.

"How many memories are we taking?"

I groan quietly as I start to regain my conscience. I can start to feel the pain of my wounds all over my body once again. My wrists and ankles were tied to the arms and legs of the chair that I seamed to be sitting in.

"I want you to change a memory."

"I am altering it in what way?"

"I want him to think they're dead," A woman says. "His family and his fiance. I want you to make them dead."

My eyes flutter open slowly but they close once again quickly. The room I was in had bright lights that hurt my eyes. From what I saw in the few seconds my eyes were open I was in some sort of crazy lab. I remember this room, it was were I woke up after the games.

"Is that all, Miss Snow?"

"For now, yes."

  I feel a cold hand under my chin as it grips my skin harshly. I wince at the contact of the hand and crack my eyes open slightly to see a woman. A young woman may be in her late twenties, maybe even early twenties. Her black eyes look me up and down as a satisfied smile plays across her face. I thrash slightly though it brings pain as her hand travels down my neck. Over the bruises on my arms and the bullet wounds on my chest and stomach.

"Tsk, Tsk, Mr. Hawthorne." She shakes her head, standing up straight. "You need to be more careful with that body of yours."

"Fuck you." I try to say it forcefully but fail.

She grips my face once again, this time harder and I can't help but groan at the pain it brings. Her nails dig into the skin of my jaw and it hurt like hell.

The woman's lips are by my ear, "You will serve me loyally or you will lose your tongue."

"I rather die." My voice is so horse that I barely recognize it.

Her cold eyes bore into mine.

"I will show no mercy in killing your family if you don't obey me." She whispers. Her fingers now running along my jaw. "I'll make sure that Everdeen girl goes first.

  Katniss. At the mention of her, the memory of us arguing comes to the front of my mind and I feel my body go limp. I said so many things I wish I didn't to her. I said so many things I didn't know if it was really me talking to her.  I told her I didn't need her anymore, I told her I wasn't going to protect her anymore. The least I could do now was obey this bitch and keep Katniss alive.

"If you want her and your family alive you will obey me." Once again she grips my jaw "Do you understand?"

"Yes." I choke out and her hand releases my jaw.

She walks towards a man who stands by the door. I drop my head, closing my eyes tightly and try to control the amount of pain that runs through my body at the second.

"He is all yours."

   The woman leaves and the man ties my hands and ankles down with belts this time, not fabric. I try not to move or show that I am in pain as he attaches all kinds of weird things to me. When I open my eyes after closing them the doctor stands in front of me, a smile on his face, a remote in his hand.

"Let the fun begin." He smiles.