s i x

I let go of the mutts throat and watch as it's weak body falls to the forest floor. I want her alive, Hawthorne. I want the Everdeen Mutt alive! I watch as it breaths heavily as by now air is flowing back through its fake lungs. I pull out my gun and aim for it's head. Fuck what Mara wants, It's time I ended this damn chase for the mutt.

"Victors village." Grey eyes meet mine. "Your family is in the victors village."

------------------------------Katniss's POV.---------------------------

I try to breath normally as he holster's his gun. It wasn't Gale, and I knew that more than I knew my name. The Gale I knew and loved would never hurt me, he would never hurt me physically. My eyes are on him as I struggle to breath, my eyes are on him as I see Peeta walk out of were ever he was watching from and he looked pissed.

"Mara wants her alive!" Peeta shouted.

"Does the damned mutt look dead." I can't call him Gale, because this wasn't Gale. The right name for him at the second would be mutt. Peeta looks at me then my neck. I could still feel the mutt's hand around it, squeezing. I close my eyes and take a deep shake breath.

"I hope she kills you someday Hawthorne, because you are a pain in my ass."

  My eyes open and I look back up at him, the veil of hair that was over my face made it hard. The mutt, who calls me a mutt. His dark hair was messy and his olive skin was pale. The military uniform he had on was all too familiar and his grey eyes were glaring at Peeta. At once was who I though would be an incontinent bread boy, was not. His blonde hair was smooth and he was wearing the same military uniform as the mutt, his sky blue eyes were on me.

"Go to the victors village and take care of the other mutts." Peeta snaps. "I have this one."

  The mutt looks back at me. I can barley see him through the veil of hair that has fallen over my face. I see nothing but hatred on his face. If this was really Gale, they had done something to him because he never wanted to hurt me, some days he was afraid to touch me. I didn't know that how tears where running down my face until I felt them slide down my cheeks.

"Mara wants her alive." The mutt repeats and I forced to watch it walk away. 

  Mara Snow wanted me alive and he didn't like it. Mara Snow ordered him to kill his own family and bring me back alive. Unless the Gale I knew was playing tricks and trying to keep his family safe, then this was just an act, but with the bruises on my neck and the harsh force he used on me I knew for a fact it was't Gale Hawthorne. Once he is out of distance, I glare up at Peeta Mellark the bread boy.

"Peeta." I spat.

"It's nice to see you." I get a grim smile from him.

"What have you.....what have you done to him." I stamper as I get myself to my feet slowly. It surprises me that he doesn't try to stop me, he just watches as I breath heavily and stand up in my shaky, weak, legs.

"Are you familiar with the word Hijacking, Katniss?"

"You Hijacked man who had-"

"Already been Hijacked? Who was broken over the loss of his family, weak over losing you?" Peeta asks, I wanted to slap that grim smile right off his face. "Yes we did and it was quite easy, He didn't put up much of a fight."

"So it's really him, it's really Gale." I ask as I try to stop my tears from falling but I couldn't. 

"He thinks you are nothing but a mutt, if you think you can "fix" him please be my guest." Peeta chuckles grimly. I feel to my pocket for Gale's knife to feel nothing. I must have dropped it when he slammed me into the tree it's either that or he took it from me.

"Why is he here." 

"To capture you, and kill what he thinks are mutt versions of his family." I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. Gale was going to kill his family....he was going to kill them.  I look in the direction he went and then back to Peeta.

I finally find a word that I can manage to choke out, "No."

"Yes and there is nothing you can do to stop him." Peeta's face is now inches from mine, before I can move I feel something around my wrist I look down to see a handcuff around my right wrist. 

  My eyes's meet Peeta's. I grab the chain and flip myself around bring his body over my shoulder with full force, as much as it hurts to do this I still did it. Peeta cry's out as his body slams into the ground, the other cuff falls from his hand. His head is at my feet.

"There is something I can do about it." I hiss down at him.

   Peeta looks behind me and chuckles grimly. I can feel another person's prescience, he has a friend. He wouldn't come without backup. I hoped it was just a solider, not another person I loved standing feet away from me.  

"Sadly, I have to disagree with you on that."  

  I can't answer him because something is pressed against both my nose and mouth as I am pulled against someone's body. I thrash and scream. Peeta's stands and smiles once again grimly at me. If I wasn't being held against the person with a cloth over my mouth and nose I would kick his ass. I find it getting harder and hard to breath every second, my brain starts to get foggy.

"Getting hard to stay awake?" Peeta chuckles. 

My breathing starts to heavy as my eye start to droop but I snap them open fighting what ever drug he was making me inhale. I try to thrash my body but fail horribly as my knees buckle out from underneath me. The person lets go of me, letting me fall to the ground. I gasp for air as my eye lids start to droop. My body was giving up. 

What did you make me inhale!?

"So here's what's going to happen, Katniss you are going to to pass out from the sleeping drug we have forced you to inhale." Peeta strokes my cheek lightly. Sleeping drug? You've got to be kidding me! I snap my head away from him weakly. "You will pass out giving Gale and I time to kill the rest of the mutts."

  I look up at the other figure, it was him, the mutt alright. He must not have really left, this was a set up. He was looking down at me with a stone cold face, one I had only seen once in my life. I let out a shaky breath not wanting to fight, it has been a hard enough day and I didn't want to look at him. I didn't want to look into his grey eyes and know it wasn't him. I close my eyes and take deep breaths as my world slowly fades.

"Tie her up, then we will go finish off the rest."