chapter twentysix◖ pinky promise

Comenzar desde el principio

I run a hand through my hair and look at Darry with tears in my eyes, "Gang this gang that, that's all you ever care about! You know when mom and dad died I really thought I couldn't do anything anymore and-"

He cuts me off, "We just want you to be happy." I blink hard, a small tear comes out but I quickly wipe it away. "I am happy, for once in my life I'm happy with myself. So can't you just accept the fact that I... I love him." Darry sighs and shakes his head and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"It's just tough seeing you grow up like this, I always felt like I was one of the worst older brothers ever and... just seeing myself make others tell you to do something you're not happy with hurts me." I frown and bite my lip, Darry can be very rough on Ponyboy and I especially but we know he loves us and it hurts to see him think he's a bad older brother.

"Darry, you're one of the best older brothers I could ever ask." I get up and hugs him, he sniffles on my shoulder. "Muscle man crying, a sight to see." Two-bit smiles brightly, we both laugh as Darry flicks him off. I move back to Dally and sit next to him.

Dally squeezes my hand and takes a short sniff, I hold in a laugh and grab his face; inspecting it closely his eyes are red. "We're you crying?" I asked him, he gently holds my hand and sets it down on my lap, "No I'm just allergic.." I raise an eyebrow, "To what?"

"Pretty girls."

I shake my head in disbelief and chuckles lightly, almost for getting that everyone is here. "(Y/n).." Johnny mumbles my name, I raise an eyebrow and look at him. "What is it Johnny cakes?" He looks at everyone and than me, "I saw what happened at your locker." Darry sends a glare my way, "What'd she do?" Johnny looks at Darry, "Nothing bad.. it's just she got her locker spray painted." Darry gives me a confused look and I nod my head.

"Why didn't you tell me!" He fumbles around, I roll my eyes. "Well if you weren't running your mouth than I could've told you!" I yell at him, listen I have the right to yell at him. He calms down and waves his hand for me to go on, "Someone spray painted my locker with the number ten. My boyfriend and I finally found out what it means." I explain, Darry crosses his arm as Ponyboy and Johnny both look at us in surprise. "Really!" Ponyboy exclaims as I nod my head, Two-bit sits up. "Wait what's going on?"

I look at Dally, "This is gonna take long so listen up."

........

"So.. you're saying someone has been writing anonymous letters to you along with threats and you finally found out what's going to happen but you don't know who it is?" Two-bit clarifies, both Dally and I nod our head. "And you're saying it's gonna be at the rumble." We nod our heads again, this time more slowly.. more cautiously. "So.. what're gonna do?" Steve ask, we all turn our heads to Darry he stays quiet and examines his hand.

"We fight."

I stand up, "You're crazy!" He looks up at me and holds the stare, I'm the first to break eye contact. "We stay with each other, we check with each other and we beat them socs!" Steve stands up and claps his hand, pulling up Sodapop as well they stand up and begin playfully hitting each other. I roll my eyes and smile, even though I have a bad feeling in my stomach about this fight.

"Hey doll c'mere." He stands up and grab my hand gently, I follow him out onto the porch. "What is it Dal?" He sits on the ledge and holds me by the waist and looks me in the eyes. Those brown eyes, those devilish brown eyes that hold so many feelings back- except anger.

Those same eyes I feel in love with.

"I want you to promise me something." He begins, I tilt my head he sends me a soft smile. "I want you to promise me that you will not get severally hurt at this rumble." I nod my head and giggle, "Only if you do the same." He rolls his eyes and huffs a small okay, I shake my head. "Nope. You gotta pinky promise." He looks up at me and raises an eyebrow, "That's stupid." I lift my hand and show him my pinky, he finally does the same and avoids eye contact.

"pinky.."

"promise."